Menu

Boogers! Eww! Help with Little Boys!

JumpyTheFrog

Uh what? 9?!? He'd be detailing my car! I can't even imagine boogers on the walls of my house. I guess have him scrub down the door every time he exits the car? Wear giant fuzzy mittens in the car? My 10 yr old DS suggests dual hand casts until he stops picking. ;)

• Like 3

have you looked at the kid for allergies?  seems like it would take an awful lot of boogers to make that much.

and yeah - make him wash it - every. single. time.   and if it interrupts his fun time; oh, well.  c'est la vie.   maybe he'll think twice next time.

• Like 2

I agree with the clean-up suggestions. You can also issue flannel handkerchiefs to be carried in a pocket at all times, so there's no "didn't have a tissue" excuse, and strew boxes of tissues all over as well.

DS has been carrying a handkerchief since he was three.

Boogers are usually near where my DS camps out.

Next to his seat in the car.

On the side of the toilet, or shower wall (next to toilet).

Behind his headboard on the wall. 

I do make him clean them up, but that doesn't keep him from doing it.  

I've found the following really make a difference...

1. I keep tissues in all "camp out" zones.  And, I remind DS that when he's on the potty, the tissue is like... inches from his picking hand.  Sounds obvious, but it was an epiphany for the 9 year old.

2.  Allergy meds.  I have allergies, and it's miserable.  It makes me want to pick my nose sometimes!  But I don't because that's disgusting.  ;)  During seasons for peak allergens (like now), we take an Allegra daily to reduce the drip, and we use a steroidal nasal spray to keep those nasal passages open.  The booger issue is significantly better when you treat it at the source.  :)

• Like 1