Menu

I thought I would share what it feels like to be the parent of "that kid"

lifesadream83

just when I though everything was good ish (mind you I have been contacted every single day since school started, aug 5, about this child...)

note from school: today **** stomped on and kicked another student......

me&dh: why did you do that ****

****: because another kid was already kicking and hitting him so I joined in.....

I have no words that are appropriate to follow this..... none.... my heart is breaking as I am sitting here writing an apology letter to the child's parents....7 is a bit young for this.... 

Hmmm.....counseling for the lad, perhaps? Seems like extreme anger and acting out, but 7 is very young and that path can be changed/corrected.  But perhaps you are already on the counseling wagon.  At any rate, good luck to you.

Absolutely.

What a rough situation.

(((hugs)))

• Like 1

He is in therapy once a week.... we have had him almost a year now and never saw this coming... we had no issues last school year or over the summer but the past two weeks with him have been a mother's nightmare...

Ugh. Rough. This sounds like an issue with something at school that he doesn't know how to articulate if it's only recent. Perhaps he's on the receiving end of some bullying himself, or has a personality clash with a teacher or classmate, or is triggered/reminded of previous not good times since you mention having him only a year. Something is making this poor boy feel "icky" and he's dealing with it the only way he knows how. :( The problem is it could be anything. The smell of someone's shampoo or laundry detergent/clean clothes could even trigger a negative memory. Hopefully you can get some answers.

:grouphug:

• Like 2