Menu

looking for recommendation for android smart phone

AngieW in Texas

My 17yo is going to need to replace her smartphone soon. It takes many tries to get the phone to recognize that it is hooked up to a charger. Since it's an iphone, the battery can't be replaced. 

Her major criteria is that her new phone needs to have a good front camera as well as back camera. 

She also has a LOT of songs on itunes and needs some way to port those over to an android phone.

Apple devices just don't seem to work for her. Every apple device she has ever had, going way back as far as the shuffle, has had problems as soon as she has gotten them. 

We've had good luck with Galaxy phones too. There is a way to get songs from iTunes. You would have to google it as I don't remember how we did it.

I agree about Samsung - my last phone was a galaxy and it was a good little phone. now dss and I all have notes.  (and I don't think i'll ever go back to a smaller screen.)

when I've had a phone having a difficult time recognizing the charger - I got a higher quality charger and it seemed to do better.

I love my Fire phone.  My parents have one and love it.  My daughter just switched from her iPhone (all sorts of problems) to a Fire phone and she's loving it, too.

You actually can change an iPhone's battery.  It takes certain tools and won't be under warranty anymore, but I know a couple people IRL who changed theirs.  It's possible that her issue is actually just that part that you plug into to charge it.  My husband's charging spot quit working completely.  When my daughter switched to the Fire phone, he got the tools and took apart my daughter's phone and replaced that bit in his with hers.  Now his iPhone is charging perfectly again.  You can buy just that part, too.  May be much cheaper than getting a while new phone.

We think the issue is with the connector for her battery, but she has had nothing but problems with this phone since she got it 2 years ago. None of the rest of us have had any issues. She has been back to the Genius bar many times to fix numerous issues, some of which they were able to fix, but not all. Her phone is glitchy.

I love Samsung Galaxy phones.  They are easy to customize and wonderful to use. 

For her music, have her download all the music from her iTunes list to her regular computer's music files (I use Windows Media player) and then she should be able to upload everything to the new phone.