Menu

Disney Accommodations: Pop Century vs. All-Star Sports?

CrispyBiscuit

I'm a Disney Travel Agent (and can help you plan your trip for free btw if you'd like to message me), and I have gone to Disney a LOT, and stayed at a LOT of their resorts. POP is one of our faves when we are looking for a budget trip! My baby son (20) and I are actually staying there in September on our mother/son trip. ;-)

Pop Century. You can request a standard room in the 60's building (which is closer to the food court/store, and right by the main pool) and get a water view. These rooms are on the back side of the 60's building and overlook the water and bridge to Art of Animation. They have the benefits of a preferred room (great location), without the higher price of a preferred room! Make your request when you call to make your reservation.

We tour in the off season, but Disney has always met our requests. One year we forgot to request the locations and were given a room really far from the buses/food court/ main pool. (The resorts are huge...lots of walking). We went back to the front desk and politely asked to be moved closer. They made the change super fast with no hassle.

Enjoy your vacation!

I just stayed at Pop Century last month. I've also stayed at the All-Stars. From my perspective, the bus situation was far better at the All-Stars than Pop. Pop is a resort that, by itself, is almost as large as the 3 All-Stars. For that reason, the bus situation really is similar. I will say that we waited for a shorter time for All-Star buses than Pop. We waited over 45 minutes for a Pop bus when leaving DHS one night.

We did enjoy that food court at Pop, and AOA is just across the lake. I will say that Pop wins hands down for atmosphere.