Menu

Camp/Summer program care packages (10 yr old)

Dmmetler

DD10 is going to a science summer program on a college campus next week. Since it's only a week long, parents can't send letters/packages through the mail, but can drop items off at check in to be distributed at set times during the week. I'm thinking I'd like to send something, but am not sure what, or how often to have something. So, how often do parents typically send stuff for something like this, and what do you send?

DD is just back from a week of camp. We weren't allowed to send food items. Day one I sent a book. Day 2 I sent post it notes with direction to write kind messages to her cabinmates. That was popular. Girls wanted in on the message writing. The rest of the days I sent cards.

• Like 2

Cards and letters are great.  At my kid's camp you can send food.. but they say *no nuts* period.  They'll throw away the stuff with nuts because of the issue with allergies.   I also sent photos of their nephew because I knew my kids would love that and love sharing the photo with their cabin mates.   However, my kids go to a 2week camp.

My mom always arranged for me to get a written note every day at camp. It really helped, even if it was just three sentences.

My daughter is going to Girl Scout camp for six days. I am planning to slip a present into her duffel just before we leave, and send daily notes. (I will either mail them early or drop off a packet at check-in.)

Dd will be at camp for a week later this summer. I have been thinking about what to put in her box. Food is not allowed.

I like the post it note idea!

My list of ideas so far:

A card that plays music.

A letter.

A photo of our family.

A deck of cards or a card game like Spot It.

Mad Libs

A whoopie cushion?!

A new, bright-colored bandana

Dd15 will be away at Arabic immersion camp for four weeks ( :eek:) I am trying to come up non-food, non-English-language items (so no books) I can send to her. I appreciate all the shared responses :)

Journals, notebooks, cool pens and pencils, cool note cards to make flash cards...Dd says she'll be writing a lot. 

• Like 1