Menu

Hubby is starting a new job & I want to make up a gift....what to add?

Prairie~Phlox

My dh has been self employed for 20 years.  He had a great opportunity to work a county job and starts on the 29th.  He'll be the maintenance tech at our county's courthouse.  He'll have is own workshop, along with a desk (their even getting him a new desk, the one that is there is all grungy.) I was thinking a picture frame with a picture of us and then one of our kids, A box that has some granola bars, jar of almonds? energy drinks (he doesn't use these often, but does consume them sometimes) and maybe a jar to put on the desk that has mints in it.  Can you think of anything else that wouldn't be too expensive that I should add?  He already has a favorite pen and I know the county will be supplying everything that he needs. 

When I had a desk job the only things I kept on the desk were my inbox and a bowl of candy (which my co-workers ravaged whenever I was out of the office--lol.). Everything else went inside the desk. I think the family picture and jar of mints is plenty. Congrats to your dh on his new job!

How about a little first aid kit? There may be a traditional kit already supplied (bandages, tape, etc.), but I also keep ibuprofen, antacid tablets, etc., a nail clipper, screwdriver for eyeglasses, small sewing kit (at least a few safety  pins), toothbrush and paste.

Best wishes.

I think what you already have is perfect. Anything more and you risk cluttering his desk. Until he's done the job for a couple of months and knows what he needs on it, anything else might just be junk. Maybe he won't use sticky notes for example.

A picture, snacks, and candy sounds great.

• Like 2

Agreeing with pp...

I also vote family photo, candy, snacks for in a drawer.

Anymore might be clutter. If he finds he has room to spare or wants anything else there's always Christmas! ;)

Another idea is a gift card for a drive thru coffee place if he would like that and one is on his route to work.

• Like 1