Menu

Did you know that xtra math has an app now?

The app is $5 and it is only good for one student! The website is free and you can sign in as many kids as you need to. We sign into the website via our ipad and use it that way. Save your money.

Does the app work with no Internet? It might be $5.00 well spent if you would like to use it that way. If you have several devices I presume you could download it to each one and have a different kid assigned.

The app is $5 and it is only good for one student! The website is free and you can sign in as many kids as you need to. We sign into the website via our ipad and use it that way. Save your money.

I didn't know it could only be used by one student, I guess I should've read everything before letting my excitement get the best of me!

You do need WiFi though. HTH.

Well then, I don't see much use for it, I suppose. We have used the website on the iPad and that works pretty well for us. I would have been great if you could use the app without Internet. What are the advantages of the app versus the website?

How is the app different than using the website?  We've been using the site on our iPad and it works really well... has the touchpad for entering answers and everything.  And you can use it for more than one kid, with parental controls.

(oops, just saw the post above me says the same thing...)

I read the FAQs on their site and it says the app has more features or something. I guess the desktop version is more bare bones. I downloaded the app on my phone and will report back after we try it out. I wanted to download it onto the Kindle Fire, but it says they don't offer it on that platform right now. Ds was hoping I had forgotten about Xtra Math LOL. I just haven't had him use it in some time.

ETA: https://xtramath.org/home/faq

Lol about your son hoping you'd forgotten! I already told my daughter she is doing XtraMath subtraction this summer because when she makes stupid mistakes dividing or problem solving is usually over simple subtraction. I discovered XtraMath when she was mastering multiplication and never did the subtraction part.

• Like 1