Menu

AAR & AAS do we need teachers guide to get it done

Princess5

I would say that it is THE most important piece to own of the curriculum. Everything else you could make yourself or substitute (but for me the extra cost is worth avoiding that!), but the Teacher's Manual is the primary piece.

Can't speak for AAR, but BIG YES for AAS.  As a mater of fact, that's all I practically use.  I do use tiles when I have extra time and don't mind letting him play around, other than that - I tell him the rules out of the Teacher's guide and the dictate the words.  10 min and we are done!

My dd is 6yo, thinking of starting her AAS 1 and/or AAR 1-2 . Do I need a teachers guide to use the program

Absolutely. If your dd is a beginning reader, you'll want to complete AAR 1 first (or the equivalent) before starting spelling (Here's a link for the reading placement tests). If you are trying to decide between reading and spelling, this article does a good job of showing the differences. That will let you see in the Teacher's Manuals for both too. HTH some!

As everybody else said...YES!

You CAN get away with not purchasing the student pack.  We initially used the tiles but no longer do (and I would say you don't HAVE to use them).  We used the cards in the first level with the oldest two but haven't used the cards since.  I do like the Word lists but...they are not a necessity.  

So if you MUST skip something, I'd say opt out of the student pack.  

(For what its worth...even though we don't use much from the student packs, I do always purchase it for each level....I only buy one, and my four share the materials as needed).