Menu

Does your printer get a lot of use? Can you recommend it?

I have a separate scanner and printer. I cannot print color. If I decide I want to print color badly enough, I will have to buy yet another printer. Combination printers cost more to print per page.

For awhile I had nothing; I just didn't print. Then I bought a printer. Recently I bought a scanner. I'm not home to look at the model numbers.

• Like 1

I recently printed ~2,000 pages, half color, half BW.  It was fabulous.  I only had to refill my ink (Costco) once.  It's an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.  It scans, is wireless (so I can print directly form my phone/tablet), and it has the option of BW only.

I purchased a Canon MX920 last year from Amazon (half the price of Staples), and it seems to be doing well.  It's color or B&W, wireless, and auto duplex, plus it scans/copies/faxes too.  I'm very pleased with it.

I don't use the Canon ink; I use cheap ink, although not the absolutely cheapest, from Amazon, and that seems to do a good job.  I've been pleased with how it's printed prints for picture study and photos, quite pleased.  

A laser printer would probably be a better deal for B&W, though.

• Like 1

I recently printed ~2,000 pages, half color, half BW. It was fabulous. I only had to refill my ink (Costco) once. It's an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. It scans, is wireless (so I can print directly form my phone/tablet), and it has the option of BW only.

How does the refill works exactly? The fact that I always seem to be out of ink is an issue here.

I have a Lexmark color laser printer. I made sure that it had the duplex printing function, so I could print e-books w/ double sided pages and then bind them myself. It's fast and I love the high yield printer cartridges. I don't have to change them out so often. They are expensive, but at 4,000 sheets per cartridge, I'm spending about 2 cents per copy.

The Lexmark website is great for helping you pick the printer to fit you, but the prices on Amazon are better. They have a printer cartridge return/rewards system where you can earn free cartridges for returning your old ones.

We have a Brother MFCJ875DW.  I don't print as much as I used to...We've gone to tablets/e-readers for more things.  I don't usually print more than 30 pages at a time.  I tend to print a few weeks of materials at a time...not a whole year like I used to.   :lol:

I needed:

easy to buy ink

fairly inexpensive ink

wireless capabilities

scanning capabilities 

double sided printing

color printing--although I really miss having my laser printer at times!  

Just bought(about a month or so ago) an Epson WF-3640. I had debated a laser and a color printer but went with this after comparing number of pages and prices on ink.  It has auto document feeder, duplex printing, scanning, and copying. It is wireless, prints from ipad,phone,etc. Has two trays to hold paper. The black ink I got with it does 2200 pages and I am pretty sure that the ink was under $60 for epson ink and I know there is cheaper ink on amazon that isn't name brand. I paid about $275 for the printer, extra high yield black ink and the high yield color ink(3 colors bought individually). So far I love it!

I recently printed ~2,000 pages, half color, half BW.  It was fabulous.  I only had to refill my ink (Costco) once.  It's an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.  It scans, is wireless (so I can print directly form my phone/tablet), and it has the option of BW only.

We have this printer, as well. I do a lot of double-sided printing, so I love that "duplex" feature. It works so well, we bought another for a different spot in the house.

I have an HP officejet 8620 and love it.

All in one printer,scanner with automatic document feeder, and tray. Fax.

Wireless scanning, and printing.

Double sided printing. Reasonably fast for large printing projects.

the xl cartridges print 2200 sheets, and are reasonably priced.

This is our home printer too - highly recommended!  We use it every day - for printing and scanning.