Menu

Minimus Latin??

tmstranger

Has anyone here used this?  I had never heard of it and recently met a mom who told me she used for her son because SWB recommended it.  Then yesterday, I saw it on a used curriculum site...so, now I'm curious. 

We are currently using LFC Primer A. 

I used the first book and part of the second with Calvin.  The first book was a fun introduction to Latin - no retention, but that's not really the aim of the programme: it was written (by one of my old Latin teachers) to interest children in Latin, so they would go on to serious study, probably using Cambridge, which is in a similar style.

When we tried to use the second book, we started to get bogged down in too much vocabulary and too much unexplained grammar.  At that point, Calvin was old enough to move to Latin Prep (10-ish), which was much more explicit.

• Like 2

We started it and got so lost with the whole to parts issue and switched to Lfc. We might go back to it after primer A just to read it and understand it better. I got the teacher resource guide and loved all the activities, but the actual Latin was giving us so much trouble we had to stop!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...