Menu

Need Green Smoothie Recipes

arnold

I use spinach, and most everything covers it up. I don't measure much, but I use a little milk, about 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, handful of spinach (about a cup), and a handful of whatever frozen fruit I like. I try to do the lower GI berries, but I prefer a mango/pineapple/strawberry mix.

We use kale in our smoothies, but if you can add half a banana, a few strawberries, and coconut milk, you'd never know!  If we don't have coconut milk we'll add a wee bit of fruit juice and grated ginger, and that usually takes away any grassy flavor.  Cinnamon helps too.

Our smoothies are never the same though.  Carrots -- even though they're a vegetable -- seem to hide the kale flavor.  Bananas, or about 1/4 cup plain yogurt, or even a couple slices of avocado make it creamier. 

Handful of baby lettuce mix, half a banana, half a pear, spear of frozen broccoli, tablespoon of cacao powder, tablespoon of maple syrup, teaspoon of vanilla, some ice cubes. Maybe some almond milk, too.

We highly recommend visiting the Blender Girl website and trying some of her green smoothies.

I like to use a generous amount of lime juice and lime zest in my green smoothies. Pineapple, you don't need much, also adds a nice flavour to green smoothies. Have you tried granny smith apples as your fruit?

Here is an example of a typical smoothie for dh and I.

1 cup unsweetened almond milk,

1 cup water

1/4 avocado

1/2 pear

50g Kale

1 tablespoon ground flax

1 scoop vanilla whey powder

or

1 cup unsweetened almond milk

1 cup water

1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder

1/2 cucumber, peeled

1 cup frozen spinach

1/2 granny smith apple or 50g of fresh pineapple

1 tablespoon ground flax

or

1 cup unsweetened almond milk

1 cup water

1/2 cup pumpin puree

bit of fresh ginger

cinnamon

nutmeg

1 tablespoon ground flax

So, you mention you have food restrictions so these prob won't help, but just in case it sparks an idea.....