Menu

How to word a rehearsal dinner invitation

ksr5377

that also includes the actual rehearsal information?  I have never seen this before.  I'm about to make the invitations for the dinner for my mom (it's my brother's wedding) and she just informed me my soon to be SIL wants us to put the time and location of the actual rehearsal on them as well.  I have never had an invitation that had both sets of information on it.  I assume because *technically* my parents ( or whoever hosts the dinner) have nothing to do with the actual rehearsal.  When I'm setting them up they just seem cluttered with information.

Could you put in an extra card with the rehearsal information? That is what I did for my sister's wedding. (I did the invitations for her in-laws because they were from out of town. They just gave me a budget and asked me to plan the event.) since we invited a ton more people to the rehearsal dinner than the rehearsal, it only went in the invitations it needed to.

• Like 3

John and Mary's Rehearsal

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

6:30pm

At wedding venue

123 Main St, Somewhere

Dinner at Luigi's to follow.

--

Won't everyone be at the actual practice? The dinner address can be given at the rehearsal. If for some reason someone is invited to the dinner only their invite would be different.

• Like 2

People send invitations for this? Every wedding I've ever been in, the rehearsal and dinner invitations have been verbal. Is it a really big event?

Well, I sent them for our wedding because it was farly large (we had lots of out of town relatives we had to include and people were fairly far flung).  And it was nice to send maps and info to everyone.  I included an extra flier for everyone who had to be at the actual rehearsal.  I did send e-mail about that too.  And then I had simple invitations for the actual dinner.  It just depends on the size and formality of the event. 

• Like 1

People send invitations for this? Every wedding I've ever been in, the rehearsal and dinner invitations have been verbal. Is it a really big event?

Well, the main reason for the invitations is to let people choose their entree for dinner.  They have 3 options and my mom needs to tell the restaurant the numbers 3 days ahead of time.  Also, my brother is having a ridiculously huge wedding party AND we have a large family, so counting children we'll have 59 people there. 60 if the priest ends up being able to attend.

--

Won't everyone be at the actual practice? The dinner address can be given at the rehearsal. If for some reason someone is invited to the dinner only their invite would be different.

There are 3 out of town couples who will be invited to the dinner, but not the actual practice.

I would probably send an email.  Then you can add the rehearsal info if needed for the couples involved.

Please join us to celebrate with 

John and Mary
at their rehearsal dinner 
Friday, June 5th, at 6 p.m. 
Nice Restaurant, 
123 Pleasant St., Happy, FL 32934  (link to restaurant)

Rehearsal immediately preceding dinner 
at the Church of St. Mary. 

RSVP to ksr by May 10th at (321) 222-2222 or in a reply to this email indicating which entree you would like:

steak, fish, or vegetarian.

Thanks and see you then!

ksr

• Like 1

--

Typically, out of town wedding guests are invited to the rehearsal dinner even if they aren't in the wedding party (and therefore, not needed at the rehearsal).

• Like 1

I'm no help because ours were casual too. The rehearsal dinner was after the rehearsal and it was catered at the church, so no separate address, etc. But I have a friend whose son put rehearsal dinner invitations in ALL the wedding invitations. He lives out of town, so he and his fiance did the invitations without help from either set of parents, and they didn't realize that you don't invite everyone to the rehearsal dinner. To make it extra stressful, the dinner was at my friend's house and there were 250 people invited! They were trying to decide whether to rent a heated tent, and the food had to be finger foods since they couldn't seat everyone. The moral of the story is… make sure whoever is doing the invitations knows who is supposed to be on the rehearsal dinner list, LOL!

Oh yes, all the parents will be attending, as well as grandparents and godparents.  The only reason I'm doing the invitations instead of my mom is because all she can use a computer for is to play solitaire and she likes the things I make by hand more than what she saw at the printers.  She also probably likes my price more as well ;)  

I'm just going to cram it all on the invitation and deal with the fact that I don't love how full of text it is.  I can get a little anal about invitations and that's probably my problem here.  I think happi ducks layout will be similar to what I use.