Menu

Best case for TI 84 calculator?

Ds has to get the TI 84 Plus graphing calculator. As he tends to break things, I want to get a case for it. Looking on the Guerrilla website, I see silicone cases and sliding cases. Is one sturdier? Does the sliding case have a cover that comes off (gets lost, lol)?

I presume I need a screen protector too?

I'm curious - did yours not come with the sliding cover - on top of the calculator for protection, and underneath the calculator while in use? Do you need more protection than that?

I haven't bought it yet. So my question is what, if anything, do I need to protect it? Also, I am hoping for something that will help ds recognize his calculator. I have had to buy several scientific calculators, because ds just lost them. (Sometimes they turned up months later; they are always labelled with his name.) But a graphing calculator is a purchaser I do not want to make multiple times, lol.

TI calculators are sturdy. I doubt anything will be needed. Says the lady who always has an Otterbox on her phone.

I agree. No case or screen protector necessary unless you think he might drive over it.

That won't be any help if he loses it though.

I purchased my dd's during the back to school sale at Target for $84. If you can wait, you might get a better price late July/August.

• Like 1

I thought I would be getting one next year. Ds says he is the only one in his class who does not have one, and he needs it now. :-(. I will check with his teacher, of course, but it looks as though the Amazon of $108, iirc, is the best price now.

I was thinking some kind of color coding would be good, so other people can recognize ds's calculator and give it to him when he forgets to pick it up....

I am glad to know they are sturdy. Ds was given my old-- in perfect condition iPhone -- refused the offer of an otterbox (geeky) -- I don't even want to finish the story, it is so painful.

We need to buy a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator for DD in a few months. I am planning to spend a little more, to buy her an upgraded model, with Rehargable battery, Color, etc. The price differential seems to me to be worth it.  I plan to buy it on or from Amazon or from an eBay seller. 

• Like 2

We need to buy a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator for DD in a few months. I am planning to spend a little more, to buy her an upgraded model, with Rehargable battery, Color, etc. The price differential seems to me to be worth it. I plan to buy it on or from Amazon or from an eBay seller.

http://education.ti.com/en/us/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-84-plus-c-silver-edition/tabs/overview

That is an interesting idea. I shall have to see what others in class have, don't want to be the only one.

We need to buy a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator for DD in a few months. I am planning to spend a little more, to buy her an upgraded model, with Rehargable battery, Color, etc. The price differential seems to me to be worth it.  I plan to buy it on or from Amazon or from an eBay seller. 

This is the one ds uses and I haven't regretted the upgrade. I got it used on Amazon for a very reasonable price. We don't use anything to protect it. It is heavy and sturdy and has roamed our house, test sites, and ds's car all without damage. We aren't exactly gentle with it (read: we treat it like it's indestructible).

I thought I would be getting one next year. Ds says he is the only one in his class who does not have one, and he needs it now. :-(. I will check with his teacher, of course, but it looks as though the Amazon of $108, iirc, is the best price now.

I was thinking some kind of color coding would be good, so other people can recognize ds's calculator and give it to him when he forgets to pick it up....

I am glad to know they are sturdy. Ds was given my old-- in perfect condition iPhone -- refused the offer of an otterbox (geeky) -- I don't even want to finish the story, it is so painful.

For price right now what about Staples or Office Max with a discount coupon. Seems like I'm always getting coupons in email.