Menu

If you are looking for a "natural" deodorant. . .

Miss Peregrine

I have been using plain, original flavor milk of magnesia for three days. TMI but I usually have a hard time finding a deodorant that keeps me from smelling. The " natural" ones don't work for me. Clinical strength, men's, I've tried them all.

This is day three and there is no smell. It's been pretty warm here( even hot some days) and I am actually thrilled that it is working.

Anyway, I thought maybe this would be of use to someone. :)

• Like 1

I've started using peroxide applied with a cotton ball after my shower followed by cornstartch, baking soda, and essential oil powder. It's the only natural combo that has worked for my terrible body odor. Just milk of magnesia would be simpler though, so I may give that a try. Thanks!

• Like 1

Baking Soda (or Bicarb Soda as well call it in Australia) is what I use, and I don't smell after a hot day of working physically.  I usually add a few drops of essential oil to a container of the BS. 

I apply the 'deodorant' by wetting a few fingers under the tap, dipping it in the BS, and rubbing it on underarms.  It even works if you are already smelly! :)

I think because it alters the ph, as Milk of Magnesia would do, it changes the conditions of your underarms that the odour producing bacteria can't proliferate!

• Like 2

Yay, that is my favorite. I add lavender essential oil to it for the best result. My favorite part is that when it wears off at night, I find I have a normal mild BO smell whereas my commercial deodorant would wear off and I would smell quite foul.

And a little bit goes a long way - only need 3 drops per arm. I keep it in a lotion squeeze bottle so I can just pour out a few drops at a time.

• Like 1

Neat!  Primal Pit Paste works for me, but only in the winter  :lol:

Best thing for me...........lime juice swiped on straight from the lime.  It breaks out my friend, but then she swipes baking soda right on top to neutralize it but it doesn't block the odor blocking portion. lol

• Like 1

Wouldn't the baking soda or milk of magnesia options turn your underarms (and your clothing) white? Or do you use so little of it that once it dries, it is invisible?

I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere, because I'm picturing white sweat stains on clothes.

I like the all-natural idea, so that's why I'm asking. :)

Wouldn't the baking soda or milk of magnesia options turn your underarms (and your clothing) white? Or do you use so little of it that once it dries, it is invisible?

I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere, because I'm picturing white sweat stains on clothes.

I haven't noticed white pits. My regular deodorant leaves white on my clothes, though. I just pour a little MOM into the lid and dip a cotton ball in. It is wet but not sopping. I pat it on. It dries pretty quickly.

Not at all - I just use enough to cover the area. Only time I get spots if I accidental drip on my clothes (typically when I am running late). I prefer to put it on before I get dresses and give it a moment to dry. I learned to apply much less so it didn't take as long to dry and worked just as well.