• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Awesome Quackers!

Booya!

This Booyah is dedicated to Jean's most happiest birthday, and to the ever classy Mrs. Ducks.

All together now...

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

(Can you hear the ITT marching band? They're playing our song!)

LIKE.  

• Like 2

Didn't mean to post and run.  I took a nap.  

Tex and Renai should have known because I told them all about going to see Spectre the other day as an early brithday present.  Then I had to explain that was James Bond.  

Well, I looked up the movie myself and saw it was James Bond. So, there's that.

• Like 2

I love Floradix. Iron without the constipation. :D

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

Something about this post out of context is cracking me up.  

Renai has no idea she is the life of this party!!!!

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 5

Despite having Hispanic last names and occupation by the Spanish, Filipinos are not classified as Hispanic.  But that doesn't stop the telemarketers from calling us in Spanish or sending us Spanish junk mail including a Spanish language women's magazine.  But then we get the Filipino telemarketers who spout off to me in Tagalog (which I don't speak) offering me new and exciting ways to send money back to the Philippines.  

Well, I'm a black woman with a Hispanic last name, who speaks English too white to be black. And am fluent Spanish, with a bit of Japanese and German language thrown in. So, there's that.

• Like 6

Oh ugh.

So they have "Hispanic" as a race? They should have race, and then ethnicity. Hispanics can be any "race". And mind you I just say this from my demographer's hat. In actual fact I am not a fan of the drop-down menus and am working to eliminate it from our statistics and to put in place an alternative coding system.

Still, if you're going to have drop-downs, do it right. Let them choose more than one and have ethnicity (Hispanic/Latina, Jewish (though some would have that as a race, biologically it makes even less sense than the other divisions), and uh... that's about it).

Also, we don't have one for Australian indigenous peoples. Supposedly they are "Other Pacific Islander" but Australia isn't an island!

Yep. This is making me want to be sure to write the state about this issue. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Oh, wait, I have parent teacher conferences. It'll happen before Christmas. Yeah.

Dh wants me to mark Mexican Indian on forms. I think I did it for the census, I don't remember. Technically, it's American Indian, because Mexico is in America. But, Native American is usually only used for indigenous in the USA.

So...yeah. I really like being outside the box, I guess.

• Like 3

I am slow of mind, and you didn't actually say WHEN your bday was.  Is this sufficient excuse?   Please?  I will send you hair and cat pics if you need more.   :D

Actually, now that I remember, Jean did say her birthday was Thursday. Today is Thursday. We need to be better friends.

• Like 6

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

Something about this post out of context is cracking me up.  

Renai has no idea she is the life of this party!!!!

I know. I'm here and all caught up. I'm just skimming past my previous replies.

Hi Renai!  Looks like I'll miss your arrival.

11pm here, so lights out for me.  

Happy 500 and 25,000, ITT! 

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

You should have waited another minute. I was right behind you. And in front, apparently.

Yep. This is making me want to be sure to write the state about this issue. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Oh, wait, I have parent teacher conferences. It'll happen before Christmas. Yeah.

Dh wants me to mark Mexican Indian on forms. I think I did it for the census, I don't remember. Technically, it's American Indian, because Mexico is in America. But, Native American is usually only used for indigenous in the USA.

So...yeah. I really like being outside the box, I guess.

Your husband is right. "Other, Mexican Indian" or "Other, Indigenous Central American" or "Other, Native American".

Another option is mestizo, which is mixed and which people like me will mark under "American Indian" because screw them all, I'm still here, and which others will relegate simply to "Hispanic". But Black race, Mestizo ethnicity will get you african, euro-indigenous, Hispanic, at least in my data set.

Edited by Tsuga

No cow milk for us. It doesn't like us. Almond all around here baby!

Gymnast and I are lactose intolerant. I started her out on coconut, then almond milk. The Feingold diet took almond milk away. Since we've never been able to fully implement the diet though (because dh), it has been in vain. She drinks Lactaid now. We won't go back because she's always borderline underweight and milk has more calories.

Your husband is right. "Other, Mexican Indian" or "Other, Indigenous Central American" or "Other, Native American".

Another option is mestizo, which is mixed and which people like me will mark under "American Indian" because screw them all, I'm still here, and which others will relegate simply to "Hispanic". But Black race, Mestizo ethnicity will get you african, euro-indigenous, Hispanic, at least in my data set.

I totally get that. But no one, except people like us, care. If there is an Other, I do write it in. Because that's just the kind of person I am. That, and since I was always to white to be black and grew up with an identity crisis, I may as well create identity crises with my children as well. No?  :lol: 

Just kidding. Kind of. I tell them to embrace all aspects of who they are. Which is much. (My oldest has Irish/Scottish roots. She loves that. She says she sees where she gets the hair - besides from my influence.)

• Like 1

Aren't you essentially from Germany? That's awfully white.

I like to pretend I am. I only spent 2 years of my life there, though. I'm a military brat, so identify more with the military culture than any racial or ethnic one. Because I'm weird. So, there's that.

• Like 2

I like to pretend I am. I only spent 2 years of my life there, though. I'm a military brat, so identify more with the military culture than any racial or ethnic one. Because I'm weird. So, there's that.

I grew up by Moffett Field. I knew a bunch of military brats. I even dated one.

I thought you were there for most of your childhood. I'm not a very good bestie.

• Like 1

So, Slash. I'm looking at that 21 day fix thing. The problem I'm coming across with most workouts is, I don't really want to lose a bunch of weight, if any. I just want to be fit, which I'm not. I think that's why I bounce around and start and stop. Yes, I have a belly, but I could live with it. It is dd2's fault. She was big. But, I like to exercise. 

I grew up by Moffett Field. I knew a bunch of military brats. I even dated one.

I thought you were there for most of your childhood. I'm not a very good bestie.

I spent a lot of my childhood in Alabama. I remember being about t4-5 and asking my mom what a nig*** was because the neighbor girl I used to play with called me that one day. Mom just told me it wasn't a nice name and not to play with the girl anymore, so I didn't.

We moved to Ohio when I was a young teen and waiting housing in Germany. There, I learned I was too white to really be black. Who knew there was such a thing? My mom's a teacher. I spoke "proper." Sue me.

I went  to Germany and there hung out with a lot of Puerto Ricans. I knew then I'd marry one. But, he turned out to be Mexican. Oh, well. Still Hispanic.  :001_rolleyes:

• Like 4

So, Slash. I'm looking at that 21 day fix thing. The problem I'm coming across with most workouts is, I don't really want to lose a bunch of weight, if any. I just want to be fit, which I'm not. I think that's why I bounce around and start and stop. Yes, I have a belly, but I could live with it. It is dd2's fault. She was big. But, I like to exercise.

21 Day Fix has cardio, weights and yoga. It's a great mix. P90X is the be all and end all of in home fitness in my not so humble opinion, but 21 Day Fix is good. It's 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week, for 3 weeks.

• Like 1

21 Day Fix will lift your butt and your boobs, tighten your tummy and your legs, burn fat and improve mobility, but the results won't last if you just do that and stop. You have to work out forever. That's why most people don't.

I don't mind working out forever. I just don't want to work out forever at high intensity. kwim?

YES! I know. That's why I'm doing now. Burn the fat, built the muscle, gain the mobility and then just lavish in your eternal sexiness. Do you have fitness goals?

Fitness goals? Hmmm. How about, "not feel like a slob"?

And keep blood pressure low. There's always that.

Fitness goals? Hmmm. How about, "not feel like a slob"?

And keep blood pressure low. There's always that.

I want to be Batman.

-Agile

-Fast

-Strong

-Knows how to avoid injury

-Hot in his old age

Eta: NOW THAT'S A BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 7