Menu

Ignore this thread!

It's been **10 hours** since anyone commented. People are not taking this thread seriously.

Today is my field trip day. Taking a drive down to Wimberly, a cute little town south of me. I will probably not stay long because (1) it's a small town, not all that much to do, and (2) it's stinkin' hot today, and it will probably not be much fun to walk around in the humid heat.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!

(second cup of…) COFFEE!!~D

Worked out in the yard this morning!! Now I am eating breakfast out under the trees. Phoebe-cat is keeping me company and checking my COFFEE!!~D and breakfast for any would-be assassination attempts. And Richard the Mockingbird is providing breakfast music.

Have to to to the AFSA today, then to my doctor to have my TB skin test read and then go pick up Baby’s cheer camp gear from her coach and turn some documents in.

image.jpg

• Like 5

Yesterday ds19 applied for a bunch of on-campus jobs - everything from librarian to event set-up to groundskeeping.  They have a pretty cool system where students upload a resumé to the host site and then apply to various jobs by clicking on APPLY! and that's it.  He'll have to do an in-person interview but I am guessing those will happen at the start of the semester.

I like looking at cats.  They are a curious bunch.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D (first cup. no yard work because I forgot to tell DH to adjust the sprinkler timing and everything is wet.)

It’s a beautiful morning for breakfast out under the redwoods. Richard is serenading me again.

Don’t know what’s on the docket for today. Most of the errands have been done. I don’t have tuberculosis, thank goodness. That had me worried. (not really, but now my employer has proof I don’t have it and I can keep working there)

I did get a closet cleaned out the other day, which is good. Probably should do some other housework so we don’t come home from vacation to a complete disaster.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have lost two pounds in two weeks. The only difference that I made was that I went through a gallon of ice cream by myself in that time. Clearly, I should buy another gallon. 

i like your diet plan, Slashie. I may try it since I gained a pound in 2 weeks on low carb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Score.

I have never in my entire life had rhubarb. We do not eat it in California.

I'm so sorry.  When I was growing up (in MN) my mom had a huge rhubarb plant in the yard.  It's really sour raw but I loved it.  It is embarrassingly expensive here, but I have failed in all my attempts to grow it myself.

In other news, dd17 is begging me to drive her to the scout headquarters so she can get her Eagle certificate.  It's either go right now or in two-and-a-half weeks.  Sigh.  Off we go again.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Cheer!  I watched the "Cheer" reality series.  Yikes those stunts!

We have a busy day today.  I brought dd17 to a local Cars & Coffee meetup so she could give a Philmont deposit check to the crew leader.  Then to the local farmer's market to pick up a couple boxes from The Peach Truck.  Parking in that place is a zoo but I managed to find a spot.  I love the farmer's market.  Everything is massively expensive due to the fancy environment they endeavor to cultivate, but it's still an awesome place to browse.  Also we ran into the scoutmaster's dh so that was fun.

Meanwhile dd15 has been prepping for special birthday dinner for ds28 whose birthday is tomorrow but we're having dinner tonight since the girls leave for camp in the morning.

After lunch we are going to a game arcade place for a couple hours of fun.

Now for sorting peaches!

Coffee!

• Like 2

The game arcade was fun.  They have at least 200 pinball machines - I tried Elvis, Dolly, Indiana Jones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Alien Attack, Lord of the Rings, and a few others. I played on one that was so old it didn't have anything digital on it - the score numbers flipped in a little panel.  Also I played Tetris, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., Ms Pac-Man, and a music rhythm game that was in Japanese so you had to kind of guess what was happening, lol.

Dd15's dinner was tasty - she made mini stuffed cucumber bowls and two kinds of pizza - BBQ chicken and pesto ricotta.  Ice cream pie birthday cake will come later tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Willy Nilly it's almost time!

I know. We leave tomorrow morning for the airport. I have trouble packing. I pack too much. I like to have choices. I don’t want to wear clothing I am not in the mood for. It’s really a problem. i have too many shoes. But you never know. I like to have options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I know. We leave tomorrow morning for the airport. I have trouble packing. I pack too much. I like to have choices. I don’t want to wear clothing I am not in the mood for. It’s really a problem. i have too many shoes. But you never know. I like to have options.

Don't forget your ukulele!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm off this coming week since we aren't running a camp due to the holiday.  Last week's camp went well, I didn't work most of it but was there for support of my teacher who was running it.  It was a small group of kids who had taken camps with us before so not rough at all.

Today (and yesterday and probably tomorrow) I'm doing laundry.  Tons and tons of laundry.  From our trip, from the week before our trip, from last week when I was at work so didn't do laundry.  So much laundry. 

• Like 1