Menu

Ignore this thread!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The dishwasher is humming. I just finished brushing Goldie. Enough fur came off him to crochet an afghan. Now, to research hotels in Vancouver. I’ve never been to Vancouver.

I've been to Vancouver Island.  Stayed at a hotel called Olde English Inn or something like that.  It was lovely and I had freshly made crumpets every morning for breakfast.

Canadian Booyah, Eh?    

Our thread. . .  
is a very very very fine thread    
with nice friends on the Hive    
we help each other to thrive    
and everything is cozy because of you!    
La-la, la-la-la, la . . .

Jean, 6/2023

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Morning,

Haven't been on in a while again since busy.  

Just two more days to get through then I'm off next week for the holiday week.  Then two weeks and our year is wrapped up.   

My allergies have been killing me this week.  This weather is nice so dh wants windows open but it makes things hard when pollen is blowing everywhere.   He's good about not opening them in our bedroom at least.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I ignored my alarm for a half hour but eventually got up and raced around to get Big Pup to the vet for an ear check - he got another treatment and hopefully that takes care of it.  Drove from there to the dentist to pay ds19's deductable for his appointment.  Now home again and finishing my morning coffee.

I think the house across the street has finally sold.

Coffee!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The house across the street has not sold after all. It seems there is a new realtor and now there's a new sign up.

We got about 1-1/2 inches of rain.  The flowers are happy.  I have been getting so itchy and then remembered that I mowed the lawn the other day and did not use bug repellent.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good Morning!! (for those who celebrate)

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School and work!!

Last night Middle DD had a birthday party of sorts for a friend. In other words, three girls and DD came to our house after school, I drove them to the movies, picked them back up and they hung out until parents came to pick them up. This was remarkable because middle DD never ever does anything social. Never. Ever. Two of the girls I knew from the East Coast trip last year and I liked very much. The third is new to the school, but her dad picked her up and came in the house and visited a few minutes and he seemed nice, so that was good. I’m still a little stunned (but pleased) that last night’s event happened. I tried very hard to be unobtrusive and not embarrass DD by breathing or blinking my eyes or some other completely mortifying action.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! (for those who partake)

I got a text early confirming the hvac appointment for this afternoon.  Then another text cancelling the appointment due to predicted rain.  Then another text confirming the original appointment but with a different technician.  I guess we'll see.

I took dd17 to The Depot of Homes to deliver her thank-you card to the manager who supplied all the materials for her Eagle project.  Also I bought her a small pathos plant.  Then next door to Publix to buy stuff for a group picnic that we are apparently going to tonight for dinner.

I need to take a peek up in the attic to make sure there's a clear path to the thingy.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning!

Long weekend ahead, for those who do that sort of thing.

My plan for today is to call the hvac people and give them an opportunity to improve their customer service, get an oil change in the van, stop by the eye doctor to get dd15's prescription (they gave us a paper but the prescription on it did not match what the doctor told us, so I need to get that sorted) and then go to Aldi for groceries.  Then after lunch if the vision prescription has been settled, take dd15 to the glasses shop and get a new pair ordered for her.

If I have a minute early on, I might make another phone call to the University but if at all possible get a hold of the department head because I am not having any luck getting an email, call, or text reply from our assigned person. 

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!! (for those who celebrate)

COFFEE!!~D

Fri-yay!!! (and it’s a long weekend! Double Yay!)

School and work!!

I have to drive to the Big City for one meeting today, so that should be fine.

• Like 3

I don't celebrate mornings.   But it's fairly late in the morning by now so I guess it's all good.  

I'm now off for a week except for cleaning, organizing, and a employee lunch next Thursday.  

Since we leave on our cruise the day after my last day for the school year and don't come back until the morning before the first day of summer camp (after a red eye flight, yikes), I need to figure out what I can do this week to get things changed around for summer without interfering with the last couple weeks of class.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our Assigned Person called!  And was super helpful!  It has helped relieve a good bit of my anxiety, especially after the oil change manager suggested that Imma want to get a full diagnostic done on the van before that clunking noise turns into Something.  Sigh.  I am starting to browse the internet for a smallish new-to-me vehicle.

In other news, we discovered that the ridiculous looking tesla cybertruck that we see driving around town all the time is actually owned by people we know, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

I was awake early due to Loud Thunderstorm but dozed off again.  I am faced with a rare day with nowhere to go and no people to see.  I might try a little look through the spice cabinet and try to thin the herd.  And get those last 4 little petunias into pots.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!! (for those who celebrate)

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I think this morning I shall go out to the farm and weed my mom’s garden. She hasn’t been feeling well and said the weeds were getting away from her.

I need to go to the nursery and get a few colorful annuals to put in the urns at the entryway to our house. The urns were lovely at Easter, but that was 2 months ago. Now they need some freshening up.

DH and Baby went hiking,

• Like 4

Spice shelves have been sorted, culled, wiped, and arranged.  We're almost out of rosemary but hopefully I can keep my rosemary plant alive and use fresh.  I'm hoping to get thyme, oregano, and basil plants as well.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Now in my freezer: broth; minced ginger; minced bell pepper; mirepoix. Now out of the freezer: muffins for breakfast tomorrow.

I have two muffin-making constraints: we eat bananas as fast as they ripen, and I don't have room in the cabinets for enough jars to freeze many. While we do, if I may say so myself, have a knack for eating muffins before they can be frozen, I would prefer to overcome these constraints. Must think on it.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had to google "mirepoix".  It's the sacred trio of soup!

I planted the rest of the pansies and pulled a giant pile of tree and shrub trimmings from the street back into the neighbor's yard.  Looks like it got swept into the street from the rain this morning.  My rain gauge had 4 more inches of water in it!

Then I started a new book which dd17 found for me at the used book store - The Big Year by Mark Obmascik.  There's a delightful movie of it which I saw a while back and really love starring Steve Martin and Jack Black and someone else.

• Like 3

Also I blanched some broccoli for classic Southern broccoli salad on Monday.  Are you all having anything special on Memorial Day?  Imma try grilling burgers and then also broccoli salad and watermelon and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Dd15 said she'd make the shortcakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got my new progressive glasses from Zenni today.  They are already packaged up to return.  Way too big for my face.  Sigh.  I wish I could find frames that I like at an actual store, but alas.  If I'm going to pay $400-$600 for glasses at a store, I will need to love them beyond words.  And so far I haven't found them.  So.  I've ordered another pair of progressives from Zenni with frames that I've had in the past and are OK.

I'm looking forward to the day that my cataracts get bad enough that insurance will cover eye surgery.  Could be in as little as 5 years!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

We got to church rather late due to wanting to be home to see dd17 off for her week of scout leadership training camp.  So we sat in the overflow room and the video feed periodically cut out so it was sometimes like a "fill-in-the-blank" sermon.  Dd15 got the giggles.  After service was VBS training meeting and then home.

I intended to lose 5 pounds in the month of May and instead I have gained 5 pounds.  Sigh.

Coffee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We had some Dramatic Weather including some hail.  I made everyone go into the basement since hail usually means there's a tornado lurking around somewhere.  Now the sun is out again and everything is steaming.

IMG_2789.jpeg

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s probably for Barbie’s Dream House.

My assumption is that it's worth $150, would cost $200 to ship, but they're charging $400 for shipping. I'd have to download the app, so I don't know, but I want a <$2 couch just to tell people about it. 

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

My assumption is that it's worth $150, would cost $200 to ship, but they're charging $400 for shipping. I'd have to download the app, so I don't know, but I want a <$2 couch just to tell people about it. 

Does it come with a totally free bonus set of Ginsu knives?

• Like 2