Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Barked another section.  And now my arms have given up in defeat.  (Don't tell my arms but I still want to do one last ten minute weed whacking session after dinner. . .  we'll see if I can or not). 

Stop barking! Juliet is bad enough.

Its a woofooya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

@Green Bean I'm looking at MP lit guide samples. Do you know where the answers are (or possible answers because yes, I know, they will vary) for the discussion questions? Please don't say in my head.

Back of the guide for each book. Also quizzes and tests, if you want to use them. I don’t.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Not an EdPo (more of an observation/ life lesson):

R&S textbooks do not swim well in a bathtub.

#earlyterribletwos

What did you lose? I can check my local store for used copies, if you like. Or if you call them, they may have an Act of Toddler free replacement clause. MP does, thank goodness! I’ve had to invoke it twice over the years. Ironically, both times the child spilled chocolate milk all over my curriculum manual. DS 16 when he was 5 and Little Man this year. Spill proof cups are NOT spill proof!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Well, in this case it really did taste as bad as it looked! Time to find Plan B.

Plan B: frozen tater tots and chicken patties. Kids were most pleased. I had leftover pork tamales with avocado. I think DH pulled a microwave meal out.

I’m determined tomorrow night’s spaghetti will not be a disappointment.

Little Man fell asleep after downing 12 oz of chocolate milk. He’s going to be waking up right when I want to go to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

SCHLITTERBAHN!!!!

Best water park ever!

We haven't been yet. Six flags opened their water park and we have memberships. We'll do Schlitterbahn when we don't have a baby.

Just now, Green Bean said:

“You know who I am.”— Iron Man 3 tonight!

I prefer his last line in the original and Endgame (same line). Despite him not being a favorite, it's my favorite line from the whole series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

We haven't been yet. Six flags opened their water park and we have memberships. We'll do Schlitterbahn when we don't have a baby.

I prefer his last line in the original and Endgame (same line). Despite him not being a favorite, it's my favorite line from the whole series.

“And I am Iron Man!”— chills, right?

• Like 1

Just now, Green Bean said:

So who is your favorite Marvel character and why?

Cap, because he's a wonderful man. Heimdall for the same reason. Quil because he's exactly like my little cousin. Hemsworth is my favorite actor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Nope.  Not okay then.  

I don't remember if I watched Iron Man 3.  Maybe?

Not a fan of Tony Stark.

Spoilers:

The first one he got stuck in a dessert and made the suit. The second one was the Russian guy that made a bunch of suits. The third one was when they mixed plant DNA into humans to make them heal fast but they sometimes exploded, as plants often do. The third one had the terrorist The Mandarin, who was important in Shane-Chi.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

EdPo: Servie- what do you use to practice manuscript handwriting?

My favorite is a tie between Cap and Spiderman. They both remind me of my sons and my brothers. Good hearts and morals.

When Mew Mew (the hammer) flew by Quicksilver and he grabbed it it fell to the ground. When Peter grabbed it it kept going. Possibly bad writing, but I think he's worthy.

It was Tom's idea when Peter made himself a suit and acted out Iron Man. That scene really struck me as absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junie said:

No, he wouldn't have.  He's from a time before iPads and passwords.

Ragnarok is the funniest, according to my family, but it is similar in humor to Guardians. Black Panther is the best stand alone. If you haven't seen it I advise that one. I liked the TV show Loki. You could watch them all in Spanish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ragnarok is the funniest, according to my family, but it is similar in humor to Guardians. Black Panther is the best stand alone. If you haven't seen it I advise that one. I liked the TV show Loki. You could watch them all in Spanish.

I liked Ragnarok and Black Panther.

The humor in Ragnarok was a bit cringey for me -- I did not like Jeff Goldblum's character.  Guardians does seem similar -- it was just more (which was too much for me).

• Like 2

I haven't seen Endgame or Infinity War yet.

Winter Soldier was good except for the evil guy.  He was supposed to stay an elf.  I don't even want to think about it.

Black Widow was like The Incredibles on steroids.

• Haha 2

We figured Black Widow out in about 5 mins. That one really didn't need to be made. Captain Marvel could have been better. Too much stupid "girl power" Hollywood gunk for us.

I have a list of all the movies in order. We skipped a few- the Hulk movies are best forgotten about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

I haven't seen Endgame or Infinity War yet.

Winter Soldier was good except for the evil guy.  He was supposed to stay an elf.  I don't even want to think about it.

Black Widow was like The Incredibles on steroids.

Endgame is my favorite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1