Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ever since having my first baby, I can't bear the thought of little babes in orphanages with no one to hold them and love them.  You know how they say orphan babies don't even cry, because they've learned that no one will answer them?  So I've decided that when I'm old and grey and widowed, I'm NOT retiring to a cushy life in some Florida retirement community.  I'm going to go live in an orphanage abroad and rock all the babies to sleep, all day long, every day.  And sing to them and pray for them.

That's what my grandpa did for all his great-grandkids, when he was too crippled and old to do much else.  He's been gone about seven months now. I miss him.  

A great, big cooing argh each for you and your grandpa!  (Arghs are likes when I've tapped out my like quota, in case anyone needed a reminder.)

• Like 1

Blue-Eyed Quackerback throwing with his wing is probably closer to the truth.  Some people just aren't born to be quarterbacks.  But he was cute in his jersey nevertheless.  I'll keep him. :001_wub:

Awwww, ARGH!

• Like 1

Reminds me of my mom's infamous recurring dream back in 1988.  She kept waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, screaming about the missing baby.  Night after night for WEEKS.  Then one afternoon she found a little potted lemon tree shoved in the back of a closet.  Apparently some men doing work on the house earlier that year had moved it out of the way and she hadn't realized until then that it was not in its usual spot in her bedroom.  

The Missing Baby dream stopped.  

Whoa, argh!

Behold! The magnificence that is....ME:

balance-151797__180.png

(To tell the truth, though, the camera angle is a bit misleading.  My bum is actually much larger.)

:laugh:

Ha-ha-hargh-ha-ha!

• Like 1

I think I have the best head on the forum though. And I didn't need photoshop.

ARGH!  (said boldly, with emphasis)  I agree!  I love your head!

• Like 1

I'm thinking SOMEONE in your house had best be committed to ensuring you have the best Mother's Day EVER tomorrow. What an awesome mom you are, Renai.

:iagree:   So, did you?  Have the best Mother's Day ever?

When I first saw your head (long before this thread) I thought it was a plant.

And I had the gall to actually ask!  Renai's so cool, she didn't get offended!

• Like 2

THIS IS GREAT!!!!  I'm going to have to save this one to play for the kids over and over and over again.  (and over and over and over....)

Maybe I'll make it the new song-to-banish-songs-stuck-in-the-head!

Treat her right!

Treat your mother right!

How telling is it, though, that I kept misspelling "treat" as "threat"?

• Like 2

Oh, my gosh!  That is both awful and fabulous!

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Gotta love those running shorts and knee high athletic socks!  It was quite the look back then!

• Like 2

We have survived Floodapocalypse 2015, though I was up much of the night due to loud thunder storms.

Happy Mother's Day to all my Ignore this Thread! friends.   :)

Hooray for you, and Happy Mother's Days to you, too!

Me and my minions today after church.  (One child did not want to cooperate.  Hmmmm, I wonder which one necessitated several photos...)

Please note that although I am old, I am HOT because Renai says I am - yeah, baby!

B5882857-7CBF-4046-BE46-E13E95E37426_zps

Yeah you are!  And only the hottest of the hot can handle the ultimate coolness of a minivan!  What brand is yours?  It looks a lot like our Kia.

• Like 1

Yeah you are!  And only the hottest of the hot can handle the ultimate coolness of a minivan!  What brand is yours?  It looks a lot like our Kia.

It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey.  Nice but the kids have trashed it on the inside, and it looks like a hundred monkeys have lived in it for a year. Other than that, it is a sexy, black machine.  

• Like 2

Thank you!  I am touched by your concern.

Texas (particularly north Texas where I am) has been slammed for weeks on end with this weather.  We had to review the tornado plan yesterday with the kids.  We brought all of the cars we could into the garage, etc.  I did a big search for important documents to put in the gun safe in case of tornado and couldn't find them!  Then I finally realized that I had that bright idea last time and had already put them in there!  So I'm hot but not too bright.   :D

Happy Mother's Day, hornblower!

You are uber-bright because you already took care of that!  I chalk your failing to remember up to you having quite a lot on your plate and trying to make sure ALL important things were taken care of.

Gun safe for important documents - smart!  Gun safes are quite heavy, and less likely to blow away.  They are also handy for locking up medications, should you ever have a need to do so.

• Like 1

People who don't want to hear a gross story about poop should skip this one!

Ewwww, while I was taking Nan to the bathroom, the toilet overflowed and it was poop, then the water wouldn't stop running so I kind of dumped her off into the wheelchair and ripped off my socks and waded in to turn off the water. Then dh came down and yelled at everyone. Helpful. (roll eyes) He made ds14 wet vac it up (Ewwwwww - poop water in the wet vac). Then I unclogged the toilet and mopped the floor. Ds12 had to empty the wet vac into the woods. And I had to take Nan down the hall to the other bathroom but she would not unhand the wheelchair with her claw-like grip so I had to call college girl to get on the other side and help me. 

Happy Mother's Day to me!  :leaving:

Again, whoa, ARGH!  (said with amazement and awe)

• Like 2

back to officially thank the Southern gals as I was able, for the first time, to use 'bless your heart' in a conversation online (in a different forum)

Without these boards I'd probably never have known this phrase, never known how to use it & would have either had to slink away or would have been provoked to outright vulgarity (of the kind that gets one banned from certain places).

But thanks to the South, I had the perfect riposte.

Man, that woman chapped my hide. (<----- see what I did there?? Is that Southern? Sounds Southern. I hope you're noticing this texasmama. I'm self-studying before I arrive for my 'being Southern' lessons with you. However, I'll wait till the tornadoes are over. And the toilets have stopped overflowing. )

Hee hee hee!  Sounds authentic enough to my northern-transplanted-to-Texas ears!

• Like 1

Excellent work, grasshopper.  You are ready for the next step.  Please view Steel Magnolias and attempt the accent.  This will keep you busy for a long time.   :)

Mid summer, while hot, is not a big tornado season.

Not up where you are, but down here if we get tropical storms they often spawn small tornadoes and water spouts.

You are uber-bright because you already took care of that!  I chalk your failing to remember up to you having quite a lot on your plate and trying to make sure ALL important things were taken care of.

Gun safe for important documents - smart!  Gun safes are quite heavy, and less likely to blow away.  They are also handy for locking up medications, should you ever have a need to do so.

That was my thought!  That sucker weighs about 500 pounds, and it is not going anywhere.  If it does, the likelihood of it bursting open and losing all my valuables is small.  If we are ever hit that hard, we likely won't need our valuables and documents.   :huh:

I think it was started by swimmer mom. Not about t shirts, though. That was my contribution. :D

Oh, well, I can't find it.  I'll just content myself with catching up on this thread.  This is where the real stuff is happ'nin', anyways!

• Like 1

And I had the gall to actually ask!  Renai's so cool, she didn't get offended!

I don't take offense easily. I live in an area where I'm one of maybe 600 blacks in the area. I'm of the thought that it's better to ask (you oughtta here some of the stuff people assume about me  :huh:  :leaving:  :lol: ).

• Like 2

Slashafriggenbooya! Friday Fight round 1 week 1 max out time 11:01. None of you have any idea what that means but you should all be very impressed!

W-H-O-A-, D-U-U-U-U-D-E-!

You're right, I have no idea what it means, but I'll do my best to be impressed!

• Like 2

Oh. My. Gosh.

LADIES!!!! Didjahear???

TEX has been SEXTING.

O.

M.

G.

(But don't tell anyone, 'k?)

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

• Like 2

Ummmm... not sure about the overactive imagination (though it's possible I just use my super-compartmentalizing skill to block it out, lol.)  But I can fixate on something and block out other things for a nice period of time. 

COOL!  Right now I'm fixating on catching up on this thread!  Laundry be da**ed!

Oh, and on an unrelated note:  DD13 earlier exclaimed, "Darn!" when she made an error that required fixing.  I mentioned how appropriate that exclamation was, considering that to darn something is to fix or mend it.  It's fun to see a teen roll her eyes in vexation while she can't help but giggle!

• Like 1

What I hate here is when I edit their grammar, AND THEY CHANGE IT BACK! 

Or when I write an email and they ask me the definition of a word I used.  You are sitting at your desk reading the email, people, and it's connected to the internet.  Google it your damned self.

:banghead: :cursing: :smilielol5:

Maybe it's a secret code, and they are reporting back to the Martians!

Ummm...I'm thinking that this quality should not count for anything.  It's merely a symptom of parenthood.  Although, I suppose if we want to get all technical and give it a label, we could call it a coping strategy.  ;)

It is an ultra-cool aspect of the truly AWESOME people of the world.  Only those who reach true enlightenment can even hope to attempt it.

See how awesome we all are?  :laugh:   This, of course, includes everyone who has helped to bring this thread to seventy-some-odd pages and still growing!  Only those capable of this feat could have stayed with the thread for so long!

• Like 2

Good morning, everyone.

We're heading off to the state capital (and capitol) for a four-day excursion.  :party:

Cool for you!  Have fun, and be sure to sing the song on your way!

• Like 1

<going to the mat over age now>

How old are you now?  I am 48 currently because that was a few years back.  You do not just get handed these titles - you must earn them and prove yourself.

I had my 5-0 birthday party last August.  Yup, that's me, not afraid to FLAUNT IT!  Also last August is when I stopped dyeing my hair and started to let the gray grow back out.  It's coming in rather nicely, and not at all as densely as I thought!

Though I could do without the kinkiness of the few wild hairs that decided to grow in front of my ears.  They look like I have this weird monkey thing going on with my long and otherwise straight hair.

• Like 4

Sigh.

Everyone here is twelve years old.

Let's ask ourselves this:  How exactly is one suppose to sext with KITTENS???

I was right, BTW.  Two boys and a girl.   :D

This is the part that had me wondering, at least until I figured out my error.  The fact I wondered at all is because you are so amazingly talented I just know YOU would find a way, if a way is ever possible.

• Like 1

Oh. My. Gosh.

LADIES!!!!  Didjahear what TEX is doing with KITTENS???

O.

M.

G.

Things are WILD down in Texas.

(But don't tell anyone, 'k?)

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

A-R-R-G-H!!!!!!  I want my likes back!

• Like 2

Thank you!  Jacob Mule was up bright and early at 7:30 am.  What the heck?  I think it was a bathroom call.  She looked at the mirror in the bathroom and asked what was the problem with her forehead.  She was noticing the wrinkles.  I think she believes she is about 20 years old.  I tried to reassure her.  

She gave the caregiver mild crap last night.  When the caregiver adjusted her pillow, Nan said to me, "See how she does me???" accusingly.  So then I told her the caregiver was just trying to help her.  She said, "But you are always so good."  I have no idea who she thinks I am, but she knows my face and recognizes my voice and is reassured by me.  I told dh I think I am as close to a mother as Nan gets at this stage of her life.

More hugs, because Argh just isn't appropriate here, somehow.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I give up.

You all can party in the gutter where you live!

Woohoo!  Gutter party!  Think Tex will let us borrow the kittens?  (For cuddling, not anything nefarious!)

• Like 1

Indiana Jones, baby!

Absolutely one of the best characters/roles ever, and played by one of the hunkiest actors ever!  He could do almost no wrong (almost).  He shouldn't have leaned on the transit.  (Though he made great eye-candy doing so.)

• Like 1

Taken 3.

Ugh.  The only one taken was me.   My 7 yr-old could have written a better screenplay.  Wish I had those two hours back.

They made more than one of those?  I haven't seen any of them.  What are they about?  *scratches head forgetfully*

• Like 1

Approximately 80 teeth, and NO cavities! 

Daddy Duck is a little obsessive about dental hygiene (he's been known to floss the kidlets with a headlamp on).  So this is HIS victory, really.  But I'll take the credit. 

Bravo Me!

WHOOOOAAAA!  Now THAT'S some spelunking!  Good job, both of you!

• Like 2

Phew. Dog is being ignored and is okay. But, I better get out there anyway. I won't mention what she did to the dog the last time she was partially unsupervised.

Aww, please?  It sounds like a riveting tale!  :bigear:

I had my 5-0 birthday party last August.  Yup, that's me, not afraid to FLAUNT IT!  Also last August is when I stopped dyeing my hair and started to let the gray grow back out.  It's coming in rather nicely, and not at all as densely as I thought!

Though I could do without the kinkiness of the few wild hairs that decided to grow in front of my ears.  They look like I have this weird monkey thing going on with my long and otherwise straight hair.

Okay, you are even older than I am!

It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey.  Nice but the kids have trashed it on the inside, and it looks like a hundred monkeys have lived in it for a year. Other than that, it is a sexy, black machine.  

Sweet!  That's how you KNOW you have the coolest ride around -- when it's obviously been lived and ridden in!

• Like 1

Commiserating.  I'm approaching my 40th, and with the birth of #5,  Queen Elsa zapped me a lovely grey streak down my right side.  I'm pleased it's not kinked up, though, since I have curly hair too.  So far it's just lost a lot of the curl.  

They made more than one of those?  I haven't seen any of them.  What are they about?  *scratches head forgetfully*

Yup.  Three.  Hence, "Taken 3." 

The first two I'd give 4 outta 5 stars; but understand my system:  I fall asleep during 90% of the movies I watch, so all any movie has to do to get 3 stars is Keep Me Awake.  Then, if it has a plot (most don't anymore), it gets a fourth star.  Five stars are reserved for those that convey something of the true, the good, the beautiful.  A redemptive theme, if you will.  

I fell asleep during 3.  

And ALL 3 have adult themes, so no kiddos allowed, IMO.  (Even teens). 

WHOOOOAAAA!  Now THAT'S some spelunking!  Good job, both of you!

Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't take offense easily. I live in an area where I'm one of maybe 600 blacks in the area. I'm of the thought that it's better to ask (you oughtta here some of the stuff people assume about me  :huh:  :leaving:  :lol: ).

Well, they are all idiots.  You are obviously a high-caliber human being who should be emulated and revered.  Just like the rest of us here.

• Like 1