Menu

Ignore this thread!

I spent the morning at a local non-profit organization helping put together sewing kits for classes offered to refugee women.  Meanwhile, the girls left for a weekend at the lake with their Venture Crew and ds19 went to work.  I just finished making fruity chicken pasta salad for the community orchestra pot-luck and summer (music) read-through which is tonight.

Huh.  It's a Thursday Activity Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT  
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT    
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Hi All. Sorry I keep disappearing.  Things have been super busy since we got back from our trip.   

We're running summer camps at the center.  I have one teacher plus dd working each day so I'm not needed all the time, but I'm there each day for support, plus I'm working on getting a space set up in our upstairs space for my new admin who starts Monday.  Plus finalizing all the camp plans (including two camps that are brand new this year).  

And next week is the 4H fair and nobody from any of my clubs signed up to help out at our tables.   I'm also President of the 4H board for our county, and Exhibit Tent manager, and in charge of three entry categories (science, fine arts and pet posters).  So starting Saturday morning, I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the Fairgrounds. 

And I'm already tired because it's too damn hot and I'm not sleeping well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And our dishwasher is broken so I'm having to hand wash the dishes everyday (usually the kids alternate loading the dishwasher but there are issues around them handwashing).  We probably will get a new one but with the upcoming addition we're doing, we're also getting a new hot water heater, water softener/filter system, and possibly stove and we can get better deals by buying multiple things at once. 

I've been staring at baskets of clean laundry that need to be sorted and handed to children or folded and put away for days and I'm going to add today to a day I will NOT be taking care of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I just saw a Hogwarts (Harry Potter school) teacher planner and while I have zero interest in it, I feel it was an absolutely brilliant idea and I hope the creator does well. There's also a bag to keep it in and a matching pen etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

I thought it would be a full day at home and was starting to cook some peppers for scrambled eggs when ds reminded me that he needed a ride to the eye doctor due to not having his contacts in.  So I got breakfast made and then spent some time at the eye doctor trying on glasses frames while he was in his appointment.

Then came home and distracted myself with folding kayaks (again) and then learned a cool tune from the old time jam called Farewell to Trion.  Then made some duck sauce for egg rolls and rice dinner tonight.  Maybe I should make some broccoli, too.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon.

The Office of Doom is finished. I was actually able to vacuum. A month ago I couldn't get in there at all. It was so awful.

Got meals planned and now I have to go to the AFSA.

Something in the outside trash can reeks. I have no idea what it is and trash day isn't until Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!!

Saturday!!

Heat has come back!!

I think I will get out in the yard this morning before it gets too hot and this afternoon I will bake some cinnamon rolls because DD1 has been bugging me about that.

• Like 2

Good morning!

I miss the days of eating cinnamon rolls without consequence. 😂

Today's former plan of Not Much Going On has abandoned me and Not Sure What's Going On has taken its place.  I took an unexpected Field Trip to Alabama last night to pick up dd15 from the lake because she developed a sore throat and fever.  I will be taking her to the walk-in clinic as soon as she is up and dressed.  But first...

Coffee!

• Like 2

I went to a different chiropractor that's closer to home. I expected him to be noticeably better or worse so it was easy to decide, but he was better at some things and worse at others, so now I'm irritated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Slache said:

I went to a different chiropractor that's closer to home. I expected him to be noticeably better or worse so it was easy to decide, but he was better at some things and worse at others, so now I'm irritated. 

That's not good. I guess you're just going to have to decide what's most important to you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You know, hummingbirds are truly the most fascinating bird. Now that I have a feeder that works, I have many to watch. Their maneuverability is just beyond comprehension. They come dive-bombing you and then they just stop in mid-air and go a different direction.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd15 tested negative for everything.  We are praying her fever subsides quickly so she can go see grandma and grandpa on Monday.

I hope she feels better soon.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our new neighbors have had packages on their front step since yesterday and it looked like they have not been home (car not in driveway) and since it looked like it was about to rain, I grabbed a couple trash bags and put them over the packages so they wouldn't get wet.  Then we left for the walk-in clinic.  The packages were gone when we got back.  Sigh.  I hope they didn't think I was being a crazy person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Our new neighbors have had packages on their front step since yesterday and it looked like they have not been home (car not in driveway) and since it looked like it was about to rain, I grabbed a couple trash bags and put them over the packages so they wouldn't get wet.  Then we left for the walk-in clinic.  The packages were gone when we got back.  Sigh.  I hope they didn't think I was being a crazy person.

You are very thoughtful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know, hummingbirds are truly the most fascinating bird. Now that I have a feeder that works, I have many to watch. Their maneuverability is just beyond comprehension. They come dive-bombing you and then they just stop in mid-air and go a different direction.

I had a hummingbird feeder for a while but the bees and ants took over.  I probably should have taken better care of it.  Sometimes I get a hummingbird around my hanging flowers on the front porch.  We get so excited we probably scare them away pretty quick, lol.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I had a hummingbird feeder for a while but the bees and ants took over.  I probably should have taken better care of it.  Sometimes I get a hummingbird around my hanging flowers on the front porch.  We get so excited we probably scare them away pretty quick, lol.

We have never had a problem with bees and ants at our feeder. I don't know why. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

Dd15 is still running a fever and with the stuffiness. 😭  What do you do if you've bought a plane ticket for someone who can't fly?  I am pretty sure it is not refundable or transferable (Delta).  Maybe she'll be OK by tomorrow.

I have book club this afternoon.  Otherwise just getting ready for the trip.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!

Green Tea!!

Sunday!!

Church!!!

I’m having my tea out in the backyard. It’s a beautiful morning. Hummingbirds are dive bombing me and the mockingbird is serenading. it’s the only time of day I can enjoy being outside.

DH finished the gate and fence repairs and gave the ok for middle DD to get a dog. She has been wanting a dog for years and we think it will be good for her. However, we are not dog people. We are cat people. So… this will be an enormous adjustment for everyone, especially the cats.

There is an obedience school in our small town and classes start mid-September, so that is a requirement that should be easily enough completed. I was thinking she would likely have to go to the Big City. And we have a nice enough neighborhood to take walks. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dd15 is still running a fever and with the stuffiness. 😭  What do you do if you've bought a plane ticket for someone who can't fly?  I am pretty sure it is not refundable or transferable (Delta).  Maybe she'll be OK by tomorrow.

Hopefully the fever is gone. Make sure she takes Sudafed for congestion. I caught a horrible cold on our trip and my head was so congested. Taking off and landing were the worst. It felt like someone was driving bamboo skewers into my ears.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have been working on getting pine sap out of my favorite stretchy pants.  They are going through the wash once more and with any luck they will be wearable.

Meanwhile, ds29 said he almost passed out after doing some stretches with his hands and wrists.  Svengo.  Anyone else having weird medical issues they want to throw at me?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Friends, what is a good printed Bible with thick enough pages to underline words/verses in pen? Could you link me to it? Thanks.

DH's company was splatted by the CrowdStrike issue, and he's exhausted. (It's a Big Company You've Heard Of, and his job is making computers go, without which they cannot Do the Thing.) I'm hoping they're able to get some real rest soon.

I got to talk to my grandmother today! It's always nice.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Friends, what is a good printed Bible with thick enough pages to underline words/verses in pen? Could you link me to it? Thanks.

DH's company was splatted by the CrowdStrike issue, and he's exhausted. (It's a Big Company You've Heard Of, and his job is making computers go, without which they cannot Do the Thing.) I'm hoping they're able to get some real rest soon.

I got to talk to my grandmother today! It's always nice.

The pen is more important than the Bible. 

My Bible

My pen

The Bible comes in many versions and hardback. The pens also come in colors, which I haven't used.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Ladies of Grief Book Club was very nice as usual.  For a bunch of old widows, we sure have a lot going on.    

Our book was The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules which I can't say that I recommend simply because it was originally written in Swedish and it seems something was definitely lost in translation in terms of style and humor.  It's just pretty clunky in English.  However, if you are fluent in Swedish you should definitely give it a go.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The Ladies of Grief Book Club was very nice as usual.  For a bunch of old widows, we sure have a lot going on.    

Our book was The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules which I can't say that I recommend simply because it was originally written in Swedish and it seems something was definitely lost in translation in terms of style and humor.  It's just pretty clunky in English.  However, if you are fluent in Swedish you should definitely give it a go.

I have contemplated learning French for this reason. I love French literature. And I've learned Spanish, so I figured it would be easy. That was incorrect. I do not speak French as a result. My English is also questionable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd15 is still sleeping so I don't know if she is running a fever.  Her temp went up to 102.6 yesterday afternoon, but then was normal a few hours after tylenol last night.  I'm hoping it burned itself out.  Anyhoo.  It's almost 8am and breakfast is ready but everyone is still asleep except me and the dogs, who are starting their morning wrestling match.

Anyhoo.  We leave for the airport at 1pm.  If dd15 is able to go, I will run out to get her some Sudafed.

Coffee!

• Like 1