Menu

How much for a dumpster?!?

Moxie

Call around!  We have had numerous dumpsters in the $200 range, and those were big.  A small bathroom (I've ripped one of those apart, top to bottom) shouldn't require one even that big.  I think the dumpster I rented for a bathroom was less than $200.  I did find a huge difference in dumpster companies, though, and our trash pick-up people, whom I love and who insisted that I get a discount if I rent from them, were actually the most expensive.  

Does that price just rental or does it include the dump fee? Here we had to pay like $150 for delivery (20 and 30 yard size) and then like $2 a day. When it was dumped, it was so much $ a ton. We demoed a double wide though so the dump fees would not be comparable.

If you have a place to store the demo, there are people/companies that will haul stuff for you. Might be worth looking at that option too.

We no longer have a landfill to take our trash to, and are not allowed to put construction debris in with our regular trash. We pay our carpenter to haul away construction debris- he has a business license so he can take it to a landfill in his county. 

A dumpster here is not as expensive as the OP was quoted. It would cost about $300 to get a dumpster and pay the fees.  Our carpenter can haul it and even with his time/gas and dump fee it's about half that price.