Menu

Hired Cleaning Lady--pls help with Expectations

momacacia

Scarlett--the copper sinks sound gorgeous!!

We have a copper sink in our new house in the m/bath.  I'm having trouble adjusting to it.  We have very hard water and it is always getting spots.  Also, DH brushes his teeth like a Saint Bernard :glare:  and often leaves toothpaste in the sink.  The toothpaste leaves marks on the copper which last several days even when cleaned off.

That's teaching :)

Provide opportunity and let her learn.  Teaching doesn't always mean correcting :)

Good for you, mom~!  You didn't scream, hit her in the head or make her do it all over again.

You used patience, wisdom and submitted to your hubby.

I say you did perfectly~ and I've learned something myself.

I have had a lot of learning experiences with this kid!  I am a direct, get-er-done, type of person.  She is just REALLY sensitive.  At first I suspected (and other people suggested) she was just "working" me to get out of things.  But you know, a mom knows when she looks in her kid's eyes...she wasn't "working" me.  She really gets depressed and down on herself if I am too harsh with her. I definitely have to balance carefully with positives and praise.

Ultimately, is it important enough to me to have a clean bathroom floor but a kid in tears?  Nope. Not really.

*sigh*  Hoping she toughens up a bit before she gets out in the real world.  We do work on it and talk about it...

Kitchen counters--for daily wiping I just use a lightly soapy cloth. I will use a bit of SS if there is something that needs a little scrubbing to get out. It is a Silestone-type counter with a honed finish. It will never be "shiny."

I just bought a jar of the Branch Basics concentrate and am looking forward to trying it. Used it on the shower tiles yesterday, scrubbed a bit me it worked great. I suggested it to the cleaning lady and she seems pretty insistent on the bleach and soft scrub in the bathroom (and it's just not that dirty :-/). I just hate the toxic smell and don't want it around my kids today is the second day of her deep clean. She's getting stuff done that I would not be right now so I'm going to shut my pie hole for a bit and just be thrilled. :)

Scarlett--the copper sinks sound gorgeous!!

They are...and they stay looking nice....but not much activity in this house.

I am tired. I left a homemade chicken pot pie in the oven, laundry all done, groceries bought, fruit cleaned and cut up. And a big trip to Wal mart for other things besides groceries.

Oh how I wish I had someone at my house deep cleaning! Hey I'd take surface cleaning at this point. LOL.

Ok, I'll bite and risk sounding totally cleaning uneducated...

What's wrong with windex to clean counters?

(I've never used anything but windex... :blushing: )

Why would you ? I don't want to come off mean, but I just use the dish rag and soapy water in the sink when I am cleaning the kitchen. Bar keepers friend comes out for the stove top and the sink. EVerything else is just dish soap.

Cleaning help is coming today, and I'm particularly grateful after reading this thread.  It always feels so good when they are here.  :)

We've decluttered, straightened, have fresh sheets folded on all the beds, fresh bathroom rugs ready to be put down on clean floors.  

I'm going to tip extra today, just because I'm so happy to have found great help!

Cleaning help is coming today, and I'm particularly grateful after reading this thread.  It always feels so good when they are here.   :)

We've decluttered, straightened, have fresh sheets folded on all the beds, fresh bathroom rugs ready to be put down on clean floors.  

I'm going to tip extra today, just because I'm so happy to have found great help!

I used to have cleaners come every other week.  Being forced to pick up and get ready for the cleaners was the best part.  

I used to have cleaners come every other week.  Being forced to pick up and get ready for the cleaners was the best part.  

Yep.  It makes us stay on top of things, and, sadly, I need that.  I also love having everything clean, all at once.  Something that my energy level doesn't allow me to make happen independently.

We've been through a ton of cleaners and services, and this is the best we've ever found.  Best price, too, which makes it fabulous because we can do it weekly.  

It frees me up to do bigger projects - whether those are deep cleaning, or related to our business.  Or helping my mom, while she got her house on the market... So yeah, it's worth it here.  

Why would you ? I don't want to come off mean, but I just use the dish rag and soapy water in the sink when I am cleaning the kitchen. Bar keepers friend comes out for the stove top and the sink. EVerything else is just dish soap.

Doesn't that leave soapy residue and require rinsing?