Menu

Going on day 4 post-due. Please give me your best tip for triggering labor...

If you're still hanging around some four hours after your water broke reading the WTM Forums...well, that's just wacky!! :D

Sending Baby-Come-Out wishes...and hoping she hears me before the Pitocin gets there. Either way, at least you're on the home stretch....bless your heart.

Hugs and peace,

Doran

Walk around...a lot. Do the stairs, walk up and down your block. Labor will start naturally...don't do Pitocin. W/ my 5th my water broke 24 hours before labor started. Baby could be in an awkward position. Do the stairs and hold your hips at unequal levels. If your baby is facing your back...she'll turn and move into position. Be careful though...she might come quick once that happens. Got an exercise ball? Sit on that and rock back and forth. Try hands and knees and pelvic rocks. Usually water breaks early when the baby is mal-positioned. Mine always were! Try those different positions to see if baby can maneuver into a better position. Good luck..praying for a healthy baby and smooth delivery W/OUT PITOCIN! Yuck!:)

Agree totally with this post. I must have walked at least 4 miles in the hospital corridors with my 2nd dc and I was soooo happy when my contractions started up. The nurses were wondering if they needed to commit me because here I was giggling with glee through some very painful contractions!

Of course, you've had your baby by now (right?) but for next time (LOL!!)

there is a thyroid med you can ask your dr. for that is harmless for the baby but has uterine contractions as a side effect. If you really want to know the name, I'll look it up for you. It's what we used to induce dd7--very gentle. We also had to do oral nipple stim during labor--one of the more hilarious experiences of my life (couldn't reach my own, and dh was available...I'm sure you get the picture!) It makes for a pretty funny birth story, which we DON'T share with just anybody (consider yourself priviledged).

Happy baby!