Menu

WTM--Meet In Person!--South Central PA/MD

creekland

WTM--Meet In Person!--South Central PA/MD  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question for a basic count - Are you coming?

• Yes! Barring contagious sickness or last minute emergency, I'm there!
    • I'd like to, but I'm on the fence. I'll see when the date gets closer.
    • I'm too introverted to actually want to meet folks, but I like you online.
    • No, I'm just here for the discussions.
    • Would love to, but I think you're too far away.
    • Would love to, but that date just doesn't work for me.
    • Other - there always has to be an other, right?

MomsintheGarden just got home.  (Was this REALLY a two-day meetup?? :huh:)

Anyway, she just showed me the pictures!  One thing really struck me:  You all look VERY PALE standing next to Creekland!! :lol:

And I think I spotted a couple of axe murderers in there! :leaving:

Anyway, if you do this again in the summer, I'm going to have to come along with MomsintheGarden.  I guess Garga will have to prepare for the "creepy old man-trolls" if I do!

Hey stranger!  I don't recall hearing from you in quite some time - what 'cha been up to?

If we're having a creepy old man-trolls activity next time I might be able to convince Mr Creekland to come, but he doesn't read much of anything on here - only the really cute things I can't help but share.  On the other hand, that didn't stop middle son from coming and enjoying himself, so who knows?

The others were all VERY PALE come to think of it.   :coolgleamA:

And of course it was a two day meet-up.  ;)

Now... where's that pic???  Pm works if not all want it public.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

So, are we up to meeting again this year?

I would like to. I know there is another Hive member who recently moved to the area and she would like to come to one. I floated this before to Garga and Creekland; they were both game, but Creekland is not as available in August and Garga doesn't want to interfere with a regular school day once school begins. (Not that I'm speaking for them; certainly they should chime in if they have anything to contribute.)

• Like 1

I would like to. I know there is another Hive member who recently moved to the area and she would like to come to one. I floated this before to Garga and Creekland; they were both game, but Creekland is not as available in August and Garga doesn't want to interfere with a regular school day once school begins. (Not that I'm speaking for them; certainly they should chime in if they have anything to contribute.)

Thanks for digging up this thread, school17777!  I am up for it if anyone else is.  It would be great if we could figure out a day when Garga and Creekland  could come.  I am working at my part-time job pretty much full-time from mid-August through mid-September, though, so I am in the same boat as them.

It's last minute, but would next week work?

By the way, I got an InstantPot!  School17777's demo really had an effect on Reg and me.

I have a confession, though, I can't really remember anyone's real name.  When I see your screen name I can put your face with it, and I can even remember roughly how many children each of you has, but not the names!

• Like 1

I couldn't do next Wed or Fri, but Tue or Thur I could. Monday would not be optimal, but I could if it were the only day.

The following week, we are away.

• Like 1

Thinking it over, with advanced notice I could do it on a school day, except for Mondays and Wednesdays when I have to drive my son to a class from 1:30-3:30.

If we're determined to do it next week, however, I can call the church and see about availability.

ETA:  Perhaps we should open a new thread and pick some dates for September or October so people have time to plan for it or are back from vacations.  It sounds like the main reason we were going to try for a date next week was to accommodate me because I'd said I prefer not to interrupt school.  But I don't need that accommodation anymore.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

Thinking it over, with advanced notice I could do it on a school day, except for Mondays and Wednesdays when I have to drive my son to a class from 1:30-3:30.

If we're determined to do it next week, however, I can call the church and see about availability.

ETA: Perhaps we should open a new thread and pick some dates for September or October so people have time to plan for it or are back from vacations. It sounds like the main reason we were going to try for a date next week was to accommodate me because I'd said I prefer not to interrupt school. But I don't need that accommodation anymore.

Planning ahead would be best for me so sometime in sept or Oct. Day wise Friday is best but really any day. I vote start a new thread

• Like 2

Did someone start a new thread?  I'm on the road later today - through Sunday or Monday - so my internet access will be sporadic.

I'm fine with something more planned out - no certainty that I can be there with my mom's situation (unexpectedly getting 4 pints of blood between yesterday and today) - but if I'm here, I'll come.

Did someone start a new thread? I'm on the road later today - through Sunday or Monday - so my internet access will be sporadic.

I'm fine with something more planned out - no certainty that I can be there with my mom's situation (unexpectedly getting 4 pints of blood between yesterday and today) - but if I'm here, I'll come.

If no one else starts one, I'll start one. And I'll PM anyone who went to the last meetups and anyone on this thread who showed interest with a link to the new thread so you know where to find the new thread.

I'll also contact the church first for days the facility will be availiable. Once I know when it's available, I'll come up with some sort of poll to pick the date when the most people can attend (barring unforeseen medical issues.).

But give me until tomorrow. DH is home today, so plans get thrown out the window when he's around. :). We're binge watching Lost as a family, so I won't have a lot of time today. Tomorrow it's back to normal.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 5

Oooh, I am JUST seeing this now. I would love to meet up but I know we will not be able to do Sept/OCt. Oh well :(

August, yes!

Boo hoo. 😪

I am not going to vote bc I am playing it by ear. Depends on so many factors but I'd love to come. I'd combine it with some sitesightseeing bc I'd have to stay over.

But I love road trips and I love to drive...

You two: I couldn't PM you with the new thread, so here it is:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/654148-meet-in-person-fall-2017-south-central-pa/

Anyone who is interested in meeting in person, please go to the new thread.  :)  

• Like 2