Menu

Sigh...

Dicentra

Today - wind chill value of -42 C.

Tonight - wind chill value of -44 C.

Tomorrow - DURING THE DAY - wind chill value of -45 C.

Having and caring for horses isn't nearly as lovely and pastoral as it appears to be in all those period dramas set in the UK.  I think I need to move to the UK.  Do your nostrils often freeze shut in under a minute in the UK?

I think I many have broken my toe by tripping on a pile of horse poo in the barn that is frozen to concrete-like consistency.

OK.  Pity party over. :)

So what you're saying is, I have no basis for complaint when our temps drop.

Concrete poo...that's pretty serious.

I probably have no basis for complaint when our temps climb in the summer.  I start complaining it's too hot when it hits around 25 C (77 F).  Around 30 C (86 F), I feel like I'm dying.  :svengo: ;)

At least concrete poo has virtually no smell. :)

:scared:  That is just so far out of the realm of my experience, I can't even imagine.  I live in TN.  I think they've closed schools when the high was 8 because they didn't want kids freezing at the bus stop.

I was in TN last November for Thanksgiving with family. I was freezing and I'm used to northern Alberta -40 temps. The humidity made the cold seem to soak right into my bones and I couldn't warm back up.

It's a different kind of cold. Ours up here is very dry. It's nasty and harsh, but I can bundle up enough to survive outside if I really need to.

This takes care of concrete poo.

:thumbup:   We have an ice chopper.  I've resorted to using that and a good, heavy metal shovel.  I have a draft cross that I swear poos like an elephant.  Not only are the poos concrete but one... ummm... movement must weigh about 20+ lbs.

(It's awesome that there is a conversation on the WTM forum about concrete poo. :D )

LOL. I knew you were in Canada when I read those temps.

We have the opposite weather here... in the 40's all week but on the hot side.

Having lived in Canada myself I never complain about the heat here....when I was in Canada I always felt cold...even in summer because 30 degrees is a nice spring day here LOL. I remember people swimming in a lake and I was wearing a sweater..

My DH wants to move back to Canada... no way ..you can keep your concrete poop all to yourself.

LOL. I knew you were in Canada when I read those temps.

We have the opposite weather here... in the 40's all week but on the hot side.

Having lived in Canada myself I never complain about the heat here....when I was in Canada I always felt cold...even in summer because 30 degrees is a nice spring day here LOL. I remember people swimming in a lake and I was wearing a sweater..

My DH wants to move back to Canada... no way ..you can keep your concrete poop all to yourself.

We do have warm pockets in Canada. I dream of moving to one of those. Perhaps Kelowna or a little south of there. Summers are a little warmer. Too much Rain in Abbotsford for me.

:thumbup:   We have an ice chopper.  I've resorted to using that and a good, heavy metal shovel.  I have a draft cross that I swear poos like an elephant.  Not only are the poos concrete but one... ummm... movement must weigh about 20+ lbs.

(It's awesome that there is a conversation on the WTM forum about concrete poo. :D )

As soon as I read draft you had my sympathy, lol. I know what cleaning up after one of those can be like. I don't envy you your massive amounts of concrete poop moving at all.

Today - wind chill value of -42 C.

Tonight - wind chill value of -44 C.

Tomorrow - DURING THE DAY - wind chill value of -45 C.

Having and caring for horses isn't nearly as lovely and pastoral as it appears to be in all those period dramas set in the UK.  I think I need to move to the UK.  Do your nostrils often freeze shut in under a minute in the UK?

I think I many have broken my toe by tripping on a pile of horse poo in the barn that is frozen to concrete-like consistency.

OK.  Pity party over. :)

I wonder every year why I still live here. 

I just asked DH this morning "How can people live in Canada?" We dairy farm in northern US. We know concrete poo - especially when it freezes to the manure spreader. You have my sympathy.

We say that here, too. How DO you northerners cope with that? It's funny how many of my friends are talking about relocating to South Carolina or Florida in the next several years. I'm like, "It's not even all that cold here." The cold is hard to love sometimes, but I for sure don't want to live in Hades all year 'round! (My apologies to our southern friends. )

We say that here, too. How DO you northerners cope with that? It's funny how many of my friends are talking about relocating to South Carolina or Florida in the next several years. I'm like, "It's not even all that cold here." The cold is hard to love sometimes, but I for sure don't want to live in Hades all year 'round! (My apologies to our southern friends. )

I think you just get used to it.  And buy really warm outerwear. :)