Menu

Hello you brilliant people! I need help with a Christmas card.

Jane in NC

The eggnog poll inspired me!

I would like to make a holiday card based on a recipe card in my mother's handwriting. The recipe is on the front and back of a 3 by 5 so what I am hoping to do is take digital images to make a card with the recipe on the front, continuation on the back of a folded notecard.  I want the inside to be blank because I write personal letters/notes to card recipients.

We normally use Shutterfly to make our family holiday cards.  The templates are not allowing for front and back images of a folded notecard. 

What do you advise we use?  The original recipe card has some color printing on it--and it shows some age from use.  I want to keep these qualities so I am looking for a reasonably good print.

Hoping this makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance.

I would scan or take a picture of both sides of the card and combine into one picture with power point or a similar program and export the picture. It would then be closer to 4 x 6, you could leave white or black black ground or coordinating with the style of the card for the part that does not fit. You can play with Power Point settings to get a better resolution export.

You want the recipe card on the front and back of the card, and you want to write inside the folded part, right?

You can do that on Shutterfly.  5x7 folded card, choose 1 picture,  then Picture in Landscape Christmas Card is what it is called.  When you have chosen it (Personalize), you can change the layout (layout tab is on the left).  Then you can make one big picture for the front (which it already is) and change the back to one big picture.  There is a bar at the bottom that says shutterfly ad stuff, but the picture is most of the back.

HTH

Thanks to all!

Shutterfly has so many choices that we initially did not see the folded notecard template that allows for pictures on front or back.  My husband made the card this morning and has exceeded my expectation.

The front has the holiday themed recipe card scan.  Opening the Christmas card, there is the continuation of the recipe (back of my Mom's card) printed above the fold.  The space below the fold is blank for my personal notes.

On the reverse is a small image of my Mom with my sister and me as children. This is taken from a Christmas card that my parents sent when I was a toddler.

My Mom died about seven years ago; Dad passed away in 2013. Mom loved Christmas--and her eggnog.  I feel that the card is a fabulous tribute to her. And will my sister be surprised!!