Menu

I forgot the coffee

Night Elf

I survived Thanksgiving with my family at my house. But as everyone was leaving, I realized that I forgot to make coffee for everyone and no one said anything! In my defense, my back was really hurting so I sat in the living room with a hot rice pack after dinner. I am so embarrassed. I said something to my sister and BIL and he said he wondered about it. But I guess he was being a polite guest. Still, I'm embarrassed.

Don't be embarrassed! Why on earth wouldn't he have asked for some? That's not rude IMO and would've been a simple solution.

Exactly what I was thinking! I am a coffee drinker, but in the morning only. I personally wouldn't think to offer coffee after dinner and I certainly would think it was fine for someone to ask for it!

Another thought...we were at my brother's house this year. My brother and SIL have a coffee maker, but aren't coffee drinkers. After dinner, my dad asked my SIL if she minded if he made a pot, she rinsed the coffee pot out and my dad took it from there. No big deal! That's what family does (in my world, at least). You shouldn't feel bad.

It was a nice day. All the food turned out well. We even had most of it hot when it was time to serve. My sister and I were laughing that our grandmothers used to do this every Sunday, get a meal ready with everything hot at one time and that was pre-microwave. I don't know how they did it. Oh, and we barely burned the rolls, so that was a success too. :)