Menu

When Santa is real

Night Elf

So dd16 just asked me a question. In the movies where Santa is real and he brings gifts, but the parents don't believe in him. Where do they think the gifts come from? DH suggested Santa has some kind of mind control where he gets the parents to think they were the ones to buy the gifts.

What movie is it? Its probably one of those things were the parents are as dumb as the director needs them to be about something specific. Like in Toy Story 2--at the end Jessie and Bullseye show up in Andys room/possession and his mom never questions it.

I think we are just supposed to suspend belief or something.

My dd mentioned the same thing a couple years ago when we were watching a Christmas movie. Then her and her older brother got into a debate over whether parents bought gifts separately or not because if they do separate shopping then they probably just think the other parent bought them. I stayed out of that argument. They seemed to be figuring it out on their own. My dd stayed firmly on the side of, parent communicate and they would know what the other bought. Ds stayed with, it's Christmas and parents would be keeping some things secret because of that so no they wouldn't communicate.