Menu

Update on our moving situation!

kristi26

Does anyone remember me talking about my neighbor saying he and his GF wanted to buy our house but they were taking forever? Well, I have an update. They gave me all of their paperwork for buying the house except a pre-approval letter.  The BF said he'd be over this past Saturday to talk.  He didn't come.  Big surprise.  I texted him and asked if he was coming over with the GF's pre-approval letter that afternoon as we had things to do and couldn't just sit around waiting for him to feel like coming over (I said it nicer than that, lol). He replied a couple of hours later that they were no longer interested in buying our house. *Color me surprised*

DH and I are relieved.  We were quite sure that they were not the right buyers for our house by the end.  I suspected as much two weeks ago but was continuing to have misplaced faith in their promises. Ultimately, we have taken the suggestions of the hive here and are listing our house within the week.  We have several things that need to get done first before we can list (some touch-up painting, more decluttering, etc).  Our realtor has given us a list, which I will get done ASAP, and then we're officially listing the house! :) 

Thanks for all the advice!

It's always frustrating when people make big promises and then flake out. Years ago, a similar thing happened to us and ended the same way. I suppose the old saying "if it's too good to be true, it generally is not true" still holds...

Now best luck with a quick sale of the house so you can still be in the running for the house you are eyeballing.

Are you putting in an offer on the other, "dream" house?

Our realtor has already spoken with the lady in charge of the other house. They won't accept an offer contingent on the sale of our house.  They would consider one contingent upon the settlement of our house though, so if we can get a fast offer, we can make our own offer on that house. :) The good news though is that the other house has had zero showings or interest since going on the market about a week ago.

Our realtor has already spoken with the lady in charge of the other house. They won't accept an offer contingent on the sale of our house.  They would consider one contingent upon the settlement of our house though, so if we can get a fast offer, we can make our own offer on that house. :) The good news though is that the other house has had zero showings or interest since going on the market about a week ago.

That sounds very promising!  There's hope!