Menu

Where are our doctors?

I'm not calling my dad, he'll make fun of me.

Dd stepped on a metal grate/boot cleaner thing that sits on our patio. Cut her foot. She had a tetnus in 2003 so she's good, right?

I am psychotic about tetnus shots. Everyone makes fun of me including our ped. Whenever I bring someone in they start hollerin "Get a tetnus out, one of the XXXX kids has a cold!" So humiliating.

If I am injured, how do I know if I need a tetanus shot?

For a minor injury - Get a tetanus shot if your last tetanus shot was over 10 years ago.

For a complicated or contaminated wound (including puncture wounds) - Get a tetanus shot if your last tetanus shot was over 5 years ago.

I found the above. Looks like it might be close.

I am psychotic about tetanus shots. Everyone makes fun of me including our ped. Whenever I bring someone in they start hollerin "Get a tetanus out, one of the XXXX kids has a cold!"

You would love my doctor. He insists all his patients be up to date on their tetanus shots. I didn't want my most recent booster (those suckers hurt!) and he was really giving me a hard time about it until I gave in.

If it bled, she should be fine. Tetanus needs an anaerobic enviro, and if you're bleeding there's oxygen (um...something like that...I' don't think I'm wording it well). Also, if there is a risk of tetanus then it is NOT a booster that you need. You would need a shot of TIG--tetanus immunoglobulin. bluecalmsea

My neighbor ended up with tetanus after cutting himself on a gutter while cleaning it out. He went to urgent care and the doctor, no one suspected tetanus. He got to the point of loosing neurological function of his arm and very highfever for days. Luckily he got antisera in time. He was pretty sick for a few weeks.

Get your booster!