Menu

Amazing ebola success story

Laurie4b

Great story. It also illustrates why doctors and nurses are getting Ebola. They have patients who are sick and dying in all parts of the hospital and they don't know they have Ebola so they don't take extra precautions.

Her father went to the hospital for a blood pressure spike and contracted Ebola from his hospital bed.

That one was pretty amazing. I read an article about how the best way to curb the spread might be to give out home kits and encourage survivors to nurse the sick (though this young woman was not a survivor, but still). I guess this was done in central Africa in the 60's for another disease... the details are slipping my mind.

There was another one I saw this morning. Not as personal, but still a bright spot in a sea of darkness:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/2014/10/06/354054915/firestone-did-what-governments-have-not-stopped-ebola-in-its-tracks

I was remembering what Fred Rogers said about tragedies and children - to look for the heroes.