Menu

September 25 - Birthdays

Twigs

Happy Birthday! But someone used to do separate posts for each birthday WTMer. I haven't seen them lately.

Negin always did the birthday threads. I think mine was one of the last ones she did before we had to remove all of the photos and copyrighted stuff from our posts. Poor Negin went back through every one of those threads to remove the special e-cards she had chosen for all of us, and I think all that work, combined with not being able to do the card thing anymore, must have been very discouraging for her. She had put so much effort into all those birthday threads, but she was so sweet and cooperative about removing all the images. :(

Negin always did the birthday threads. I think mine was one of the last ones she did before we had to remove all of the photos and copyrighted stuff from our posts. Poor Negin went back through every one of those threads to remove the special e-cards she had chosen for all of us, and I think all that work, combined with not being able to do the card thing anymore, must have been very discouraging for her. She had put so much effort into all those birthday threads, but she was so sweet and cooperative about removing all the images. :(

Cat,

Thanks for explaining.

That's why I thought we needed a new Birthday Wishes tradition.

Twigs

Happy Birthday! But someone used to do separate posts for each birthday WTMer. I haven't seen them lately.

Yes, it was me. 

Negin always did the birthday threads. I think mine was one of the last ones she did before we had to remove all of the photos and copyrighted stuff from our posts. Poor Negin went back through every one of those threads to remove the special e-cards she had chosen foShe had put so much effort into all those birthday threads, but she was so sweet and cooperative about removing all the images. :(

Catwoman, you're always so sweet and kind. Thank you :grouphug:   :grouphug:   :grouphug: .

Yes, you said it exactly like it is. It really did make me sad to have to delete all those images. 

That's why I thought we needed a new Birthday Wishes tradition.

Twigs

Twigs, it's a great idea. Thank you.

I thought about continuing with the birthday threads, but the whole idea of having no images anymore doesn't appeal to me really. I'll wish everyone a very happy birthday, but I don't feel very motivated to start a thread when it just looks a bit bland compared to before :(. I might change my mind over time. 

Happy Birthday! It's not my birthday but I just wanted to remind you that SWB had suggested using your own photos of cupcakes for birthday threads.

I don't think that SWB suggested it, or maybe she did. Someone did anyway. It'll probably be too much work and I know this sounds a bit snobbish, but I don't particularly care to post images unless if they look classy and what I call Pinterest-worthy. I mean, I want them to look attractive. That might be hard to do. 

I thought about continuing with the birthday threads, but the whole idea of having no images anymore doesn't appeal to me really. I'll wish everyone a very happy birthday, but I don't feel very motivated to start a thread when it just looks a bit bland compared to before :(. I might change my mind over time.

Well, I for one, absolutely appreciated you acknowledging birthdays. Seeing my name in a thread title and having my birthday acknowledged by this community was truly a highlight of my birthday. It's possible others felt the same way. So I just wanted to thank you. It was a lovely thought.