Menu

Penderwicks book 4 pre-order!!

I knew you all would understand. Another favorite series is coming out with their next book - the incorrigible children 5 comes out in April 2014!!!!

Now if only Trenton lee stewart (mysterious Benedict society) would write something new, life would be complete, lol!!!

My two kids are anxiously awaiting the audiobook version of the next Penderwick book. They listened to the first three books together during a couple of long road trips this past year, and now the new one will come out right in time for a spring break road trip. :)

DD is going to be thrilled.  I can't even explain the number of times she's listened to those books without making me look like a neglectful parent!  

Ooh, I love the Penderwicks! I have boys, so I read them myself. :) They were the kind of books I loved as a kid. Thanks for posting this!

Maybe the Penderwicks isn't to their taste, but don't anyone assume that just because you have boys that they won't like these books. Austen, I am just using your post as an example,not saying that is what you are doing, ok?

I have only boys and they LOVE these books. I don't think we have taken a road trip without the audio books.

My 14 year old boy, who is taller than me, did a happy dance when I told him a new book was coming out in the spring. These books have been meaningful to my boys and I am so glad I did the first as a read out loud those years ago. I'd hate to think that they could have missed out just because most of the characters are girls. The stories are fun, have great family values, the language accessible, and the characters beautifully written. I am pretty sure my older boy considers Sky to be the ideal young woman. He could certainly do a lot worse at his age.

Maybe the Penderwicks isn't to their taste, but don't anyone assume that just because you have boys that they won't like these books. Austen, I am just using your post as an example,not saying that is what you are doing, ok?

I have only boys and they LOVE these books. I don't think we have taken a road trip without the audio books.

My 14 year old boy, who is taller than me, did a happy dance when I told him a new book was coming out in the spring. These books have been meaningful to my boys and I am so glad I did the first as a read out loud those years ago. I'd hate to think that they could have missed out just because most of the characters are girls. The stories are fun, have great family values, the language accessible, and the characters beautifully written. I am pretty sure my older boy considers Sky to be the ideal young woman. He could certainly do a lot worse at his age.

I agree. My dh has read all three Penderwicks to our boys and they can't wait for the fourth to come out. They are 13, almost 11, and 8. They also loved Heidi and the Secret Garden. We aren't picky about girl or boy protagonists around here. We just love wonderfully told stories.

I knew you all would understand. Another favorite series is coming out with their next book - the incorrigible children 5 comes out in April 2014!!!!

Now if only Trenton lee stewart (mysterious Benedict society) would write something new, life would be complete, lol!!!

YES! :)

• 2 months later...

I managed to snag an ARC of this book, and let me say it is going to be well worth the wait for those of you who are somewhat less lucky :)

:D

That is me, pea green with envy but still happy for you!

My dh is a librarian and will be going to ALA midwinter. I should tell him to keep his eye open. They hand out all kinds of books at that thing. Most of them are chaff, but if he knows what to look for he can make a score. He was smart enough to grab anything with Nancy Farmer's names and that is how we got an early copy of the first book in the "Sea of Trolls' series, which is one of my all time faves.