Menu

A+'s or just A's

isaelijohjac

Hello All-

I am almost done with my transcript--wow I should have started this sooner.D has high grades--even the ones given by other teachers. So technically her transcript shows all A+'s. She really did earn them--they are legit. I am just afraid it won't look that way even though many of the grades are given by a homeschool tutelage--but they do not give transcripts because they are not officially a school. I was going to include the percentage earned in the class and then an 'A+' but I am wondering if I should switch them all to A's. The 'A+'s are looking a bit much to me.  Any thoughts? I should add that she does have test scores to back the grades up.

The other issue is that her dual credit school only gives A's so when I send her transcript they will be A's. Since they are high school credit earned I have put them on her transcript but don't think I should use a 'A+' if they don't.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!

I also only do A's. Due to a change in the record keeping software my umbrella has me use, I have changed over to adding pluses to any lower grades because they get a higher point average. But, not with A's, so I 'm leaving them as is. I actually dislike the whole +/- thing.

I only showed A+'s where outside transcripts also showed A+'s -- I think Pennsylvania Homeschoolers was the only outsource we used that gave A+'s, so we kept those grades as A+'s just for consistency. We did send the PAH transcript, so all the grades lines up.

Otherwise we listed A's regardless of whether the grade was actually an A or an A+.

I see a lot of transcripts (I work at an online high school), very few school systems list A+'s. The schools list their grading scale on the transcript so you can see if an A+ is possible even if the student didn't earn it. Most places just don't have an A+. The very large nationally known public district I live in does not award A+. Given what I've seen, I would not make a transcript that includes bunches of A+'s. I think straight A's would look impressive, but all A+'s would look silly. (I could be wrong, I am not a college admissions officer).