Menu

I need some sort of goodbye gift for our French exchange student...

Michelle My Bell

We are nearing the end of a 3 week program that had us hosting a wonderful 17 year old girl from France. The kids and I have all grown to love her and are so sad that she will be leaving us. Hosting her was not something I had planned for and  in fact we signed up to do it just 10 days before she arrived. It has all been such unexpected blessing and I hope we also were to her as her own mother passed away about a year ago of cancer. I want to do something or give her something before she goes back to her life in France but I just don't know what. I don't even know if we will ever see her again which breaks my heart. Anyhow, I need some ideas. 

I would get her something local - a favorite non-perishable food, a t-shirt from a local university or from a favorite place she went, something to help her remember.

We had an exchange student when I was in high school for a month and he kept in touch for a LONG time, even coming back!  You never know.  :)

I'd do a photobook and put in memories of your time together.

And maybe a copy of a book that's meaningful to your family culture. Were you reading aloud anything while she was there? If so, did you finish it? It would be fun to give her a copy, if she enjoyed that.

Does your city have any distinguishing tourist place that you could give her a token from?