Menu

PSA - Stone fruit recall

mirth

Well super. I buy all of our fruits and vegetables local or grow our own, but dh wanted plums and pluots last week so he bought some from Walmart. Ours match so out they go. Drat. Thanks for the heads up.

I got a phone call yesterday from Kroger telling me I might have bought affected fruit.

Seriously? Your Kroger called you? How did they know? I returned some peaches there today that had the sticker they said to look for. We had already eaten 2 of them.  :crying: Kind of scary!

Seriously? Your Kroger called you? How did they know? I returned some peaches there today that had the sticker they said to look for. We had already eaten 2 of them. :crying: Kind of scary!

I assume they had my phone number and knowledge of my purchase from my Kroger Plus Card.

Very scary!! I guess y'all didn't get sick?

I heard about this. I'm just downright angry. Not only am I pregnant and have been eating stupid TJs peaches for 2 weeks (like seriously 10 lbs), but I'm p*ssed because that means that TJs fruit is the same stuff sold at Walmart. Right? So why am I paying more.

Arg hormones.

I heard about this. I'm just downright angry. Not only am I pregnant and have been eating stupid TJs peaches for 2 weeks (like seriously 10 lbs), but I'm p*ssed because that means that TJs fruit is the same stuff sold at Walmart. Right? So why am I paying more.

Arg hormones.

Got an automated phone call from Costco yesterday, about nectarines I bought three weeks ago. Yeah, those are long gone, all eaten of course. Now I'm wondering if the stomach bug the family had last week was caused by listeria and if I should be stressing about my baby because I'm pregnant and they say listeriosis can occur up to two months after exposure.

Don't think there's much I can do about it, so really I would have been better off not knowing!

Got an automated phone call from Costco yesterday, about nectarines I bought three weeks ago. Yeah, those are long gone, all eaten of course. Now I'm wondering if the stomach bug the family had last week was caused by listeria and if I should be stressing about my baby because I'm pregnant and they say listeriosis can occur up to two months after exposure.

Don't think there's much I can do about it, so really I would have been better off not knowing!

I'm sorry you are stressing too. :(