Menu

Great deal on Proclick and a question

Thought I'd share. Office Depot has the Proclick P50 for $55 ($70 on Amazon) then I went to retail me not for a 20% off coupon. I paid $65 for a Proclick and 2-25 packs of spines with in store pickup so I can get it today!

Question: what do you use your Proclick for?

Well I went and picked it up yesterday. I made a book of ds Lively Latin work and a book for each of our MBtP work, one book per unit should be about right. It's very tempting to bind all the things but I want to restrain myself a little and use it for things that will actually make life easier or more convenient or more organized, I will probably do a student planner for ds because he likes to keep track of his work.

I sliced up and bound all the Draw Write Now books. I bind each chapter of Math Mammoth. Kids' weekly work gets bound together with their planner and calendar sheet on top. Then I can sort the work--some gets saved and some recycled. If they need to rework something, it stays in that week.

Thought I'd share. Office Depot has the Proclick P50 for $55 ($70 on Amazon) then I went to retail me not for a 20% off coupon. I paid $65 for a Proclick and 2-25 packs of spines with in store pickup so I can get it today!

Question: what do you use your Proclick for?

Everything. :) I love my Proclick.

Writing with Ease Student Books -- We don't like the line spacing for the student portion, so I make up my own using Start Write and New American Cursive. Print that out (using CuteWriter PDF), make and laminate covers, proclick it all, and done. For Level One, I divide it into two books (Weeks 1--18 & Weeks 19--36). Same with Level Two. Level Three required a three student books (Weeks 1--12, Weeks 13--24, and Weeks 25--36) and a separate book for the Readings. I also put the teacher materials in a separate Proclick book (for each level).

All About Spelling Student Books -- These are basically a laminated front cover, a laminated back cover, and lined writing paper, all proclicked into one student book.

Memory Work

Math Mammoth

Building Thinking Skills -- different sections in separate books

Geography pages (printed from Internet or PDF downloads) -- Print and laminate front and back covers, proclick it all together. Done.

Cursive Practice -- printed out using Start Write/NAC

Art Sketch books -- easy to make, less expensive than store kind, lie flat, can remove or add pages

You do have to be extra careful when you punch laminated cardstock. Be sure the page is IN THERE FIRMLY, hold it in there, and CLICK FAST FROM LEFT TO RIGHT (if you are right-handed). That's how I figured out how to manage without messing up too many laminated covers. It happens every now and then, but not much.

HTH.

I use mine for everything, too!

We make a "main book" for each kid each year - I keep about 6-ish weeks of pages from each written subject, and that way the kid can show up at my table with ONE book and do virtually all of school. (Saves TONS of lost papers / unfinished work / etc.)

year-end "portfolio" for each kid

we make "adventure books" - visiting every library in our system (1 page each w/photo & rating & description - this was a FUN project) . . . nature notebooks . . . author studies . . . special reports or focus areas . . . camping trip memories . . . binding books the kids have written, etc.

While we all like being able to re-use the ProClick spines, don't forget you can buy coil spines to use once you're done changing the contents of a book you made. 

Props to Phoenix for teaching me that. Someone else had posted about the smaller spines, but it was Phoenix who set me on the path to find the perfect size for what I needed. Phoenix rocks! That sounds funny, but it's true. 

I bind DS's table-work booklets on the right, since he's left-handed. The ones I'm making for this fall include phonics, copywork, math, science lab sheets, and a few other things. No more digging through a stack of books and flipping to find the right page.

I found a few 20% off coupons from Retail Me Not, but it's only taking off 10%. What's up w/ that?

:thumbdown:

Love my ProClick! I make my own books of things I print off. My dc use it for sheet music. 

Well that is strange!  I got $11 off yesterday and just went and tried it again and it only took off $5.50.  Bummer.   :confused1:

I found a few 20% off coupons from Retail Me Not, but it's only taking off 10%. What's up w/ that?

:thumbdown:

I know! I just tried and the coupon only gave me a discount of $7.26 making the price $65.33. Not worth a 30-min drive to our nearest Office Depot in my case.

I purchsed the P50 on Amazon when it was under $65 in early June but it hasn't been shipped yet... Amazon did mark the shipment would take a month or two so I've been patiently waiting....  :o

OP, when I receive it I'm going to bind everything with it... mostly pdf files of curricula such as MM, HO, RSO, Evan-Moor TFB work sheets, etc. Can't wait!!!

I'm planning to get a Proclick, too! We only have an Office Max near us, and their price is the same as Amazon. They have it in stock though rather than wait the 1-2 month shipping from Amazon (what's up with that?!?).

This is my first year HSing, and I'm planning to print the student pages from SOTW and the Latin Lively Big Book of Latin for each of my DDs. I'll probably put together some other bindings but not sure what yet. Can someone suggest the best way to do this such as spine size used, how many pages they print/bind at a time, etc.? I'm going to get a laser printer with duplexing, too.