Menu

Another ProClick thread

The baby has managed to destroy all of the comb-binding spines I had. :glare: This both aggravates me & pleases me, for now I seem to have an excuse to buy invest in a ProClick.

Is everyone still happy with theirs?

Is it possible to buy fewer than 100 3:1 spiral spines at a time? (The regular spines; not ProClick spines; though I will get a few of those)

Happy with mine. The first one (via Amazon) arrived broken, but once I got a working one, it has done just what I'd hoped.

As a matter of fact, I will be using it again probably later this week to make our May book for school. I punch on the right--DS is a lefty--and consolidate the month's phonics, math, copywork and some other work into one chronological workbook.

Hi Jenna,

I recently bought one and I do LOVE it. I have read probably every Proclick thread out there, lol. I bought the spiral coils from ebay! (Yes! Who woulda thunk?!?) I was able to get 10 4:1 pitch spiral coils from ebay for $5. Now, from what I've researched, the 4:1 pitch don't work great in thin books, which I haven't personally tried, but they DO work fine in larger books. (I believe the proclick technically cuts a 3:1 pitch; you will see the difference when you order and cut with it.) I bought 20mm, and that is a good size for me. With that size, I have bound WWE (without student sheets), Galloping the Globe, Barry Stebbing's I Can Do All Things, and Spell to Write and Read manuals. The WWE was the thinnest of those manuals, and while it probably could have used a smaller size, the 20mm worked fine. My goal was to get a size that would fit most manual size books. I plan to buy the actual proclick spines for the smaller things I plan on making, i.e. an animal notebook, a year-end portfolio, etc.

HTH!

I am still using mine. I even recently bought the clear covers and black "back covers" that are pre-punched (via Amazon). I put scrapbook paper under the clear cover, and now I have beautiful notebooks that give the work a little more polish.

I've only used the Pro-Click spines. I did look for 3:1 pitch spirals, but since I didn't see any I invested in large quantities of the Pro-Click ones. They are just fine.

Hi Jenna,

I recently bought one and I do LOVE it. I have read probably every Proclick thread out there, lol. I bought the spiral coils from ebay! (Yes! Who woulda thunk?!?) I was able to get 10 4:1 pitch spiral coils from ebay for $5. Now, from what I've researched, the 4:1 pitch don't work great in thin books, which I haven't personally tried, but they DO work fine in larger books. (I believe the proclick technically cuts a 3:1 pitch; you will see the difference when you order and cut with it.) I bought 20mm, and that is a good size for me. With that size, I have bound WWE (without student sheets), Galloping the Globe, Barry Stebbing's I Can Do All Things, and Spell to Write and Read manuals. The WWE was the thinnest of those manuals, and while it probably could have used a smaller size, the 20mm worked fine. My goal was to get a size that would fit most manual size books. I plan to buy the actual proclick spines for the smaller things I plan on making, i.e. an animal notebook, a year-end portfolio, etc.

HTH!

Phoenix, you rock! I purchased smaller coils to use w/ smaller books and they just didn't work well. After reading your post about the 4:1 pitch, I bought some of those and replaced the ProClick spine (which I love) w/ the new coil on one of my larger books. I love it more. My book looks so professional now. :)

Thank you for teaching me about the 4:1 pitch coils!

Phoenix, you rock! I purchased smaller coils to use w/ smaller books and they just didn't work well. After reading your post about the 4:1 pitch, I bought some of those and replaced the ProClick spine (which I love) w/ the new coil on one of my larger books. I love it more. My book looks so professional now. :)

Thank you for teaching me about the 4:1 pitch coils!

Yay!!!! I love the way my books look, too. Glad to help. :)