Menu

Removing dry blood stains from mattress

mathnerd

DS has a scraped knee that he has been injuring again and again for the past 2 weeks. So, it seems like while he slept, the bandaids had come loose and I am finding dried blood stains on his mattress. How do I remove them? Is a normal cleaner like Lysol OK? Or are there special cleaners to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

Have you been killing people again? :glare:

I keep telling you, OUTSIDE, NOT IN THE HOUSE.

Sometimes I think you will never learn.

:D

Hehe this was my first thought too :D

Also form years of watching cop procedurals I know not to use bleach 'cause they just turn the lights off and everything turns blue ;)

Agree with an enzyme cleaner.  Saturate, blot, blot, blot, saturate, let it sit a while, blot some more.  It will come out.  If you combine with something like Lysol, it will just kill the enzymes.  If desperate, after that, put it out in the sun, but I doubt you'll need to.  We like biokleen.

Enzyme cleaner and cold water.  Possibly hydrogen peroxide, too, but go with the enzyme cleaner.  And follow the list by Momof3littles.  Soak it then keep working at it.  May take a bit depending on how long it sat dried on the cloth and the type of cloth.  Just don't toss it in a dryer until it is completely clean.  Good luck.  

And I agree with Catwoman, next time body outside, not in.  And maybe if you HAVE to use a sheet, secretly borrow the neighbor's.   :)

Have you been killing people again? :glare:

I keep telling you, OUTSIDE, NOT IN THE HOUSE.

Sometimes I think you will never learn.

:D

Sorry about that.

I am taking notes this time so I can remember what to do next time  :laugh:

Hehe this was my first thought too :D

Also form years of watching cop procedurals I know not to use bleach 'cause they just turn the lights off and everything turns blue ;)

But, bleach DOES denature DNA, so even if they know there is blood there, they can't tell where it came from.