Menu

My poor boy

Plateau Mama

My poor 6yo. In the last 6 months my 6 yo has been sick, really sick, 3x. The day after Christmas he got the flu. Grandma and grandpa were visiting so he missed out. Feb. he has diarrhea/vomiting for a week solid before leaving on vacation with his dad & brother. We didn't know if he'd be able to go until the day of. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Portland for the weekend for a softball tournament. He has been so excited to go. Yup, today he woke up with diarrhea/vomiting, so we are in the same boat as Feb.

I'm really hoping this is only a 24 thing. I don't have the heart to tell him he can't go. :-(

I do agree with the thoughts about being nervous.  It also wouldn't hurt to get some probiotics for him.  My dd had a rough couple months this spring of rotating stomach bugs that would flare with anxiety about something. 

Christmas with grandparents and two trips? It sounds like anxiety. Just something to keep in mind for the future. I hope he feels better soon.

Definitely not anxiety. I have one who has anxiety but it's not this one. It's just bad luck. December he tested positive for the flu. February his brother got the same thing while on vacation. 

Has he been sick when nothing exciting is happening? I'm not one to run to the doctor, but I would bring this up.

. He's had a couple of colds but all the major things have been around events.

Top end seems ok. No incident since this morning. Bottom end is still very active. :-(

Based on his symptoms, it really could be something he ate. I hope so, because he will probably be OK soon.

The poor kid -- I would hate to see him disappointed again. This must be so hard for you. :(

Based on his symptoms, it really could be something he ate. I hope so, because he will probably be OK soon.

The poor kid -- I would hate to see him disappointed again. This must be so hard for you. :(

I hope so too but a friend posted yesterday all 3 of her kids had the same issues so there is definitely something going around.