Menu

I've lost it

I was going to go until June 20 before switching to our summer schedule but I've decided that today is our last day for a few weeks. I'm not even doing a lighter schedule. We are doing piano practice since the recital is in June and that is IT! I don't usually stop completely, I usually try to sneak a few small things in but we need it.

I'm going to plant my garden, work in the yard, and clean/clean out every inch of my house and garage. The past few months I've felt like the housework is piling up much faster than I can handle and I need to do something about it. I'm also going to work on getting all of our non-school routines back on track. I've let too many things slide I think. I'm also going to work on figuring out a housekeeping routine that will help me stay on top of things a little better.

For the first 11 years of our marriage by husband had an abnormal work schedule. Rotating shift work, rotating days off, last minute overtime, etc. I was fine with that and had a pretty good rhythm going (although it probably looked like chaos to the outside world). The past 6 months he's been working a completely normal M-F, 8am-4pm schedule and I *cannot* seem to get in synch with it! I feel like my days are too short and I get nothing done. Time to drop school for the time being and rework things.

We are SO DONE. I am, anyway.  :drool:

18 days until summer camps start...

(We'll do some light schoolwork over the summer, probably starting next week if I know what's good for me, but since our evals got done last week the burnout just took over for a while)

We are checked out too. We go year round, have family coming into town, dress rehearsals next wk for end of yr recital, stuff to do to prep for guests and a weekend get together. We are just doing history read aloud and math today, and that was it yesterday. And the kids are playing lots of monopoly. No guilt :)

We are done as well.  DS will do an online IEW course this summer and he and DD will be doing Ellen McHenry's Cells.  I hope to also start Latin soon.

The weather is FINALLY nice here after a VERY long winter in Chicago, so I can't help but let them play outside and enjoy it!  I also want time to work in my garden and plant veggies and flowers.

Enjoy your summer!!!

We switched to our summer schedule this last Monday. The kids want to be outside all day and the weather is too nice to say no! We are doing math and handwriting. Plus our usual reading aloud and the time we spend reading on our own, which the kids don't think of as school. We will start back up with our usual schedule after the 4th of July. By then it is too hot to be outside all day so we might as well get some school work done.