Menu

I need to invent socks my kids will not freak out about wearing!

grantmeawish

Ds9 and dd7 HATE socks. Ds will wear them but we they to be perfect. We go through a lot of socks to find ones he will wear. Dd just flat out refuses. The only time she will wear them is for running at swim practice or hiking because we force her to. She doesn't wear them all winter with her boots. Smelly yes! I turn ds3 socks inside out. Dh thinks we wod be rich if we made the perfect sock!

I don't wear socks and either does my brother. Our feet get too hot.

Been there, done that with kids, though. The trick is to find a pair that they will wear, and then buy a bunch in all the same color and style. Then they will feel the same way every day of the week and they won't have to adjust to something every day.

All of my kids have been sock-sensitive. The older two have outgrown it, thankfully!

Have you tried seamless socks? My sensitive 7 year old is wearing these without complaint: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17KYPS?ref%5F=wms%5Fohs%5Fproduct&redirect=true&psc=1&pldnSite=1

Yes! Seamless socks restored peace to our home when DD was 5 and had to wear socks on PE day.

My oldest will only wear SmartWool socks. Expensive, yes, but I often find great deals on them at sierratradingpost.com. The deals are particularly good when combined with one of their coupon codes.

I have SmartWool on right now and they are my favorite pair. I'm beginning to realize that not much else will do, lol. I agree with your daughter! :) What is the cheapest you can get them?

I have SmartWool on right now and they are my favorite pair. I'm beginning to realize that not much else will do, lol. I agree with your daughter! :) What is the cheapest you can get them?

I usually wait until I can get a 30-40% coupon code and end up paying $3-$5/pair. 

I am *mumble mumble* years old.  I never outgrew it. 

I will only wear Gold Toe socks worn inside out.  When they go on sale, I buy about 40 identical pairs, and that holds me for years.  

In fact, I don't understand why everyone doesn't wear them inside out. 

I used to have a problem with waistbands, but I outgrew that.