Menu

Someone put me out of my misery.

Plateau Mama

Went to the podiatrist today. He had to burn a wart off my little toe. I knew that would hurt but owie mama!

Then I talked to him about the bone spur in my big toe. He wanted to do a cortisone injection before talking surgery etc. I really didn't want to as I've had them in my elbow in the past and they hurt! But he convinced me to do it. Promised I wouldn't feel the actual shot (I didn't) but the pain after the numbing gel wears off. Double owie mama.

DD has 4 games spread 12 hours apart tomorrow. DH was supposed to go backpacking with middle but is staying home to do the littles activities with him, which I'm very glad for as I will not be able to chase anyone around tomorrow.

For now I've parked myself in the recliner and I'm not moving unless the house is on fire!

Ouch!!!! Did he put acid on the wart after burning it , too?? Ooooh, when I had that done .... Yowsers!!

Put your feet up tomorrow.

I don't know what all he did to the wart. All I know is the slightest touch sends me screaming. No idea what shoes I will wear to the softball fields tomorrow. I may have to go totally dorky and wear my Ugg slippers and pray it doesn't rain!

Best part is I get to go back in two weeks and again monthly until it's gone. I know how to add excitement to my life.

Ouch is right!

Are you taking anything for the pain? Acetaminophen or ibuprofen?

I hope you feel better soon.

I too two IBU. My husband wanted me to call and get something stronger but I declined. Now I'm wishing I had. At least then I'd be asleep.

I have had the cortisone shot for heel spurs before and that made me say words I don't normally say!!! I feel your pain. :(

I've had several in my elbow the paind during the shot and the first few days were worse than childbirth. He swore the shot iwouldn't hurt while he did it, but that there would be some pain tomorrow. Some pain my @&$!.

It really wouldn't be so bad if I'd had one or the other but since I can put pressure on my little toe or my big toe it makes walking impossible.

I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder and passed out cold. Stupid doctor. I was in more pain from the shot and never got relief.

My daughter saw the podiatrist for months having warts removed. We had to put some crazy expensive medicine on them and then see doctor every 2 weeks.

Hope you get some relief!

I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder and passed out cold. Stupid doctor. I was in more pain from the shot and never got relief.

My daughter saw the podiatrist for months having warts removed. We had to put some crazy expensive medicine on them and then see doctor every 2 weeks.

Hope you get some relief!

I've been trying to get rid of this stupid wart myself for 3 years. I keep thinking I've got it and nope.

As for the other toe. I doubt it will give me years of relief like the Dr. Is hoping but if it can get me thru till the end of June then I can have the surgery and have the time for the recovery (8-12 weeks).

My then 14yo had a wart frozen off a toe once. As we were leaving the office the doctor advised me to hold her arm to keep her steady on the way out.

"Yeah," he said, "I've had quite a few pass out in the parking lot."

What the heck! He told me it was a common sort of delayed reaction. And that it would probably hurt more before it felt better. I felt so bad for her!

I'm glad you made it home safely ;D

And I hope you feel better soon.

Yes and no. My big toe is feeling much better. My little toe is still sore, especially if I put shoes on. So it looks like I'm wearing slippers to the softball tournament today. Fashionista I'm not. Now just praying it doesn't rain!

Good luck! Don't worry about how you look. Comfort first!

I hope you don't have to walk far.

Good luck! Don't worry about how you look. Comfort first!

I hope you don't have to walk far.

The slippers were a good call and a bad call. They were comfy for my foot but by the end of the day my whole body was sore. I was going to do my Ugg boots today but We got rained out. I tried to do some errands and chores but DH sent me back to my chair. I'm not in a ton of pain but I'm still walking funny.