Menu

This is the day!

Dmmetler

DD9 has her "Save the Frogs!" educational event this afternoon. She's planned all the activities, invited our HS group to take part, and organized the whole thing (with help from me (since someone over 18 had to sign all the paperwork, plus I'm the one with the credit card) and from the folks at the Save the Frogs! non-profit in CA, but still, it's mostly her show). One of the college professors she's been working with (not her herpetology mentor, because she had to give a final, but one of her colleagues who has worked with DD this year) is coming down as well. We have about 50 RSVPs from homeschoolers in the area, plus whoever just shows up without RSVPing, and 12 kids who are bringing projects to display/share. She's put so much work into this. I'm nervous. She's done educational events before, but usually it's either manning a table at something big (and usually a lot of the adults ignore her and look at me or whatever adult she's with) or a few kids in my living room. This is the first time she's ever really tried to do something so big and so public.

I'm nervous. T-4 hours and counting!

It went well. We had fewer kids than expected, but they had a good time, and almost all the kids there had projects to share and show off. DD was able to give her little summary on the organization and the work they do (and one of the kids had really gone into the conservation side with his poster as well, which she appreciated). It was really good, and she's excited.

As a plus, as we were heading into set up, there was a nice ribbon snake basking on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, both of us had our hands full and neither of us were able to get a camera out before the snake decided to get out of our way :). So even the SNAKE came out to support her efforts at conserving their amphibious relatives.

Great to hear it! I'm glad that your daughters trip went well.

It went well. We had fewer kids than expected, but they had a good time, and almost all the kids there had projects to share and show off. DD was able to give her little summary on the organization and the work they do (and one of the kids had really gone into the conservation side with his poster as well, which she appreciated). It was really good, and she's excited.

As a plus, as we were heading into set up, there was a nice ribbon snake basking on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, both of us had our hands full and neither of us were able to get a camera out before the snake decided to get out of our way :). So even the SNAKE came out to support her efforts at conserving their amphibious relatives. --Or maybe he thought he was at the buffet, lol?