Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning everyone!  TGIF!

Company coming for supper so I need to vaccum and clean the bathroom.  Dh is going to grill the steak tips I am marinating so I just need to make the salad and brownies.

Doing laundry because all my favorite things were dirty.

Need to run to dd's boyfriend's house to drop off another day of her pills for her and a card and cookies for him. 

School with youngest.

Read some more for my self imposed modern history learning. 

Hey guys :)

--school (one more week until the Science Olympiad competition)

--exercise

--errands: groceries, hardware store, library if holds come in

--prep dinner; chop veg for tomorrow at the same time

--exercise: either treadmill or non-ab Pilates

--dd ballet 6:30-8 if she can breathe today

--work on yet another practice test (I think Solar System, this time)

--start baguettes for tomorrow!!!!

Second 5:2 fast day of the week----decaf w half and half (breakfast), veggie soup I made Wednesday (lunch), homemade vodka sauce over veggies (dinner--dh and dd will also have pasta). I need to plug these into My Fitness Pal (trying it this week after using Spark People for a long time) to see what I have leftover----maybe some fruit (mango?) and/or milk for a decaf latte tonight :)

Good morning, how are you Jean?

I slept in after having to get up 2 times during the night to take care of Aunt Flo. I took ibuprofen 2 days in a row before I started, and I'm wondering if it could have made this worse or not. I still feel yucky, so we'll see what gets done today.

breakfast

ds' school: the writing assignment is the biggest priority today, then math. I'm going to go back and review fractions with ds. I'm seeing some mixing up of new concepts he's learned recently.

dd' school: chem, alg 2, writing, test prep

lunch

haircut for ds 

any house work I feel like doing

dinner

watch next Game of Thrones disc from Netflix 

Morning Gals!

Just couldn't get up this morning. Don't know why.

Today...

** school

** co-op

** ds2 guitar lessons

** dinner at friends' house. Her dh is out of town for work, too, so we're getting together for pizza. There will be us and 9 kids between us!

** dh coming home late!

Have a happy Friday!

Good morning!

State starts today and ds1 and I are flying out this afternoon. He is at the meet all morning, so I am left getting everything ready to go. I feel very stressed and I realize it is because everything is out of my hands. I have virtually nothing in my control except getting to the airport on time. Letting go is very, very hard for me.

to do:

finish packing

take dd1 to my sister's, she will be there for a couple days in order to get to her practices

get gas/wash car

oversee some chores

make some phone calls

pay a bill

pick up lunch for ds1/head to airport

Have a great day everyone!

bed made 

breakfast cooked

supper in crock pot

1 load of laundry going today
oh and I swept the entry because you know I mopped it yesterday so this morning it had to be covered in dirt ;)

have to take #1 to work
#2 and I may go to the dollar store 

We are officially on Spring Break!!  

Done:

-packed lunch

-got lost (because my car navigation system hates me)

-the parking lot at the museum was closed

-I needed to park in a really scary ('oh my, I'm going to ruin the car') parking garage

-spend 3 hours chasing dd3 in the museum

-drove back *without* using the navigation system....I did well :)

-at home, I discovered that I had locked myself out of the house

-asked neighbour to break in, that didn't work

-called dh, who is out of the country, to ask which door he wanted demolished :D

-per dh's instructions, asked neighbour again to try to break in...this time it worked

-took the kids to neighbour to play

-went to church for meeting

-door was closed, found someone to open the door

-wasn't able to have meeting because books were misplaced.....

All I need to do now is cook dinner and then I'm officially done with Friday :lol:.

Today's immediate challenge - 

Operate in a house with only partial electricity. We do have electricity to the stove and the refrigerator, though nothing else in the kitchen works. I have electricity to my computer, though nothing else in the living room/dining room works (don't know why!) We have lights in the bathroom and the furnace works. I'm not sure yet about the hot water heater. I did get the kids to run a long extension cord down to the garage freezer though so we won't lose all our meat.

So breakfast - eggs are cooking on the stove.  I have one light - the one on the stove hood.  I have an English muffin in the oven because I can't use the toaster.  My broiler on the oven is broken though so I have it on bake.  

I'm going to have to juggle things around so I can use one of the few working outlets for the rice cooker for dh's dinner.

Updates - power company has given us a temporary transformer.  We have lights, power, action!  The dishwasher is washing.  Pigs in their blankets are in the oven.  Dr. Who is being "dialed up".  (My kids say this is not an appropriate way to describe what we are doing on Netflix.  How do you say it in a more modern way?)

My dad is not going to have surgery.  His bones are too fragile and his hip is in shards that leave nothing to attach anything to.  He's in the hospital at least until Monday.  They will have to figure out what then.  I think his independent life is now over.  

I have most of dh's dinner ready.  The last bit just needs to be warmed up in the microwave.  Yay, I can use the microwave!

I'm back on my full meds and that is a good thing.  

I think this afternoon is going to be trying to put things back together after the last 16 hours of very cushy "camping".  

Hugs, Amy! Jean, glad you have power!

Just got back from co-op. We're building rockets. It went well. I'm just exhausted.

** leave in 5 minutes to take DS to guitar lessons

** come home! make salad quick! pick up DS and take the gang over to my friend's house. We're both "single moms" right now (her dh is out of town on business, too) so we're doing pizza and salad.