Menu

What do you call the color of a typical tennis ball?

Susan in TN

What do you call the color of a typical tennis ball?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the color of a typical tennis ball?

• Yellow
    • Green
    • Other, but you should really just pick one of the above colors.

I was a kid in the 80s. My chartreuse crayon was purple. I am confused for life.

I always thought of chartreuse as a purpley color as well, up until Blue's Clues informed me otherwise. I couldn't say if I was actually taught this (by crayons or otherwise) or if that's just what I thought.

Greenish yellow was my first thought. Then, looking at the poll options, I thought I should go with yellow but was not really happy with that because they feel more green to me :tongue_smilie: . Then I did an image search to look at with fresh eyes. There are 2 definite types of standard tennis balls (some are yellow). Then I asked dh, and without hesitation his answer was green. That feels right to me too. So we are going with green. Final answer. :D

LOL

i went through the same process but decided on yellow.... final answer? 

I always thought of chartreuse as a purpley color as well, up until Blue's Clues informed me otherwise. I couldn't say if I was actually taught this (by crayons or otherwise) or if that's just what I thought.

Yep, me too. Crayola had Chartreuse as a purple color in my box.  Then when DS was around 4-6 Blue's Clues said it was green.