Menu

Walking Dead thread

Moxie

I thought the back flash was a commercial at first as well. Haha

I thought the chocolate pudding just drove home the fact there are many pleasures of normal childhood that carl has missed. What boy his age wouldn't indulge in pudding if they knew no one would stop him?

Heck, I'm thirty and I totally would have eaten the pudding.  All one hundred and twelve ounces. :)

I am annoyed that we didn't see any more of what happened to everyone else. I was annoyed that they hadn't come up with a plan of a meeting place in the event that something like that happened. They had the bus planned but hadn't thought of what to do if they got separated? I wondered why Rick and Carl assumed everyone else is dead and why they didn't think of looking to see if the bus had made it out.

Carl's behavior in the beginning was rotten....here he is alone in the world with his dad who is limping, beaten up, and shot...no one thinks to look in any of those houses for medical supplies?

I also thought the flashback was a commercial and in the Talking Dead, thought the actress who plays Michonne was beautiful.

I thought we deserved a 2 hour episode after having to wait all that time.

I have the same feeling as far as why did we only see 3 characters??? Other than that I liked it. When it looked as if Rick had turned my kids were all about to cry I just kept saying, no no this isn't happening!! I felt bad for Rick limping saying slow down. It was sad and funny all together. Michonne was just tragic though staring at that look alike walker. I am wondering if maybe the boyfriend his friend possibly tried to put themselves and the baby out of their misery or something which is why she told Andrea that they  weren't human to begin with and got what they deserved. I don't think Carl acted badly under those circumstances. That poor kid has had a rough rough way to go and it's a real miracle he isn't crazy.

I felt so bad for Rick when Carl wouldn't slow down. I wanted to yell "slow down and let your dad lean on you!" Now that I have seen the episode, I understand Carl was processing everything and was blaming Rick for not keeping everyone safe. I'm glad Carl came around, and that Rick acknowledged Carl as a 'man'. He is young, but has been through enough to make him a 'man', and that meant a lot to Carl. I hope their relationship improves now.

I was so worried Rick had died, but figured it couldn't be so--- the show would be nothing without him. With his wheezing, I worried about a punctured lung. I didn't think of looking for medical supplies, but yeah---- why didn't they? And guns & ammo?

My biggest question was why did they take off into the woods? I would have headed for the main road, hoping to find other survivors. With all those people at the prison, the odds were high that others escaped the governor's attack. I also wonder why they didn't have some sort of an evacuation plan. I find that incredibly hard to believe *especially* after they all went through this when the farm was overrun!

The bit with Herschel's head was too much. I felt it was just gratuitous and I shook my head at the screen.

I was bummed at not seeing others' stories, but it's what I expected. It would have been too fragmented to show everyone else, and there would have been no time for Michonne's back story.... even if it was a two-hour treat! I am hoping the next few episodes will incorporate more than one or two survivors, and that it isn't drawn out until the season finale. That would be boring.

I, too, thought Michonne's back story was a commercial until I recognized her. Seeing her toddler made my hart ache for her. I can kind of guess what happened for her to have turned the guys into her 'walker pets'. I wonder if that will come out down the road, or if we'll be left to guess?

Did anyone else see the preview for next week's show at the end of The Talking Dead? Did it look like the bus turned over and there are walkers in there (the other prison evacuees?!) and Maggie is missing?

I did not want to bring up the head thing but, I cried. I really did so did my two youngest. It was sad, beyond sad really and just so unfair. Maggie was not on the bus when it took off so it is safe to say he is looking and so is she. But, he is sick so pretty weak to start a search. I am glad Beth and Daryl are together and I think Ty is with those kids. Maggie seemed to take off with that one guy who was an alcoholic who I cannot remember right now!

I thought the back flash was a commercial at first as well. Haha

I thought the chocolate pudding just drove home the fact there are many pleasures of normal childhood that carl has missed. What boy his age wouldn't indulge in pudding if they knew no one would stop him?

It wasn't that he literally ate pudding, lol.... Well, or maybe it was! There were 13 people over last night adding pudding commentary through the entire scene (show actually) making it much more obnoxious, so perhaps my POV is jaded. :)

It was ok.

Carl was annoying.

The only part I did enjoy was the flashback/dream.  

I agree, it is weird that there wasn't an evacuation plan.  

If you didn't like the scene with Herschel's head, did you watch The Talking Dead??  ;)  

I am hoping the next few episodes will incorporate more than one or two survivors, and that it isn't drawn out until the season finale. That would be boring.

Oh man...they had better not draw it out!   :mad:

The more I reflect on the Carl thing, I think it all fit. He's been protected, there was a level of safety in the prison. Now he blames his dad, so he's going to be the typical teenager and yell. He's been forced to "man up" for the last few seasons and still Rick refused to acknowledge that he was  less a boy than a man. So he's scared that he'll be alone if Rick dies and needs to prove to himself that he'll okay. He blames Rick for everything because he can. It was the first real inclination I heard from him that he really blames Rick for Lori's death. He was forced into a bad situation and he's struggling with the growing up, facing death, killing, and grief. It's been dormant because he's been safe, now they're not. He's lashing out  and if Rick had died then it would be easier if he died when Carl was mad at him, at least for Carl. 

Not only is Carl struggling with all of the above, he's probably going through puberty and hormones out of whack. Think how much the actor has grown physically in the last few years, think how little he's (the character) been exposed to anything normal teen related, now add hormones. 

IMO, the lashing out and the fighting the zombies (metaphorically asserting himself) was probably the most "normal teenage" thing he's done lately. The pudding was extra. Notice how it wasn't in the cabinet, it was on top the cabinet. He had to do like little kids do and climb up in a chair and step on the counter. IMO, that was intentional to show us the contrast between where Carl is and what normal might look like. 

Now that Rick has acknowledged he's a man and even said the door was for him, Carl will change. Rick will see them as partners, still protective, still father and son, but more on equal footing than boy and man. 

I was holding my breath for the last few minutes, then I cried. I have this horrible fear they're going to kill off Rick and I will be ticked. 

I think Carl acted age appropriate and the pudding thing fit. I almost thought he'd stumble across Carol. 

I have an even bigger fear that they'll kill off Daryl!

I was glad to see Carl's transition, and that he still managed to keep a sense of humor (I like what  he wrote on the door).  I didn't quite understand the storyline with Michonne's flashback, but that whole sequence with her and the zombies was, to me, how she dealt with the loss.  She tried going back to her old ways, with the slave zombies, but she couldn't do it because of the emotional ties of the friends she had made.  Maybe the "baby" she had was why she connected with Carl so much at the prison. 

I have an even bigger fear that they'll kill off Daryl!

I was glad to see Carl's transition, and that he still managed to keep a sense of humor (I like what  he wrote on the door).  I didn't quite understand the storyline with Michonne's flashback, but that whole sequence with her and the zombies was, to me, how she dealt with the loss.  She tried going back to her old ways, with the slave zombies, but she couldn't do it because of the emotional ties of the friends she had made.  Maybe the "baby" she had was why she connected with Carl so much at the prison. 

NO! They just cannot kill him off! I never want any of them to go even though I know some will. I want Michonne and Rick together! I just think it would work

If I were placing bets, I'd say they'd kill off Rick before killing off Daryl, no matter how unlikely it is that they'll kill off Rick.

(And, if I knew how to calculate odds, I'd have been frantically trying to do so when Carl aimed the gun.  Because I had absolutely no doubt Rick was okay, but I had a split second of "OMG, are they really going to do this?!?!?" just before he put it down.)

I wiki'ed Daryl yesterday and found out he was only supposed to be a recurring character, and then his popularity soared. I suspect TPTB know our limits better than we do. :thumbup1:

If I were placing bets, I'd say they'd kill off Rick before killing off Daryl, no matter how unlikely it is that they'll kill off Rick.

(And, if I knew how to calculate odds, I'd have been frantically trying to do so when Carl aimed the gun.  Because I had absolutely no doubt Rick was okay, but I had a split second of "OMG, are they really going to do this?!?!?" just before he put it down.)

I wiki'ed Daryl yesterday and found out he was only supposed to be a recurring character, and then his popularity soared. I suspect TPTB know our limits better than we do. :thumbup1:

I had a moment of panic that Carl would shoot, even though I knew Rick hadn't turned. I also had a moment of panic when I saw photos of Andrew Lincoln (Rick) & Norman Reedus (Daryl) in Asia. Andrew had shaved. I panicked. While, unlikely, I think they'd kill of Rick before Daryl, the writers aren't stupid. However, Rick is the basis of the show, imo, he's the idealism they need. 

I had a moment of panic that Carl would shoot, even though I knew Rick hadn't turned. I also had a moment of panic when I saw photos of Andrew Lincoln (Rick) & Norman Reedus (Daryl) in Asia. Andrew had shaved. I panicked. While, unlikely, I think they'd kill of Rick before Daryl, the writers aren't stupid. However, Rick is the basis of the show, imo, he's the idealism they need. 

I always panic when I see them on the Talking Dead LOL! I was kinda worried he would shoot too. Then I had that moment of if he don't shoot will he turn him into a walker pet!!!