Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'm just puttering around the house today.  Sophia Grace is in a crabby mood, and we stayed up late watching the Olympics coverage.   I'll try to get little things done to make the start of the week better...other than that...nothing.

Jean, I hope you can rest some today and have a better week. 

Today:

--take dd back to her dorm between 2 and 9pm

--help ds move some things back to his dorm (he took a friend's space in an off-campus apartment just for winter session---the weather in January is not conducive to biking or longboarding between our house and campus)

--laundry

--dh will meet w parents of the kids ds will be living with next year (the kids and parents have to sign the lease for the off-campus house)

--decide what to cook for dinner as dd wants to eat here before moving back to the dorm (I had planned something she's allergic to!)

--finish the Suzanne Brockmann book (100 pages left)---it's so good!

--exercise: Pilates abs and arms

--watch some Olympics with dh via tunnelbear/BBC

Kind of a mixed up day :)

Jean, I couldn't help but laugh!  Sorry!  But I do hope you feel better soon!

Somebody want to make a prioritized list and make me do it?

My blood pressure went up to 171 / 100 last night.  I felt very nauseated and just "yucky" for lack of a better term.  I put myself back on the blood pressure medicine that the stupid doctor took me off of.  My bp is still high this morning but is much much better than last night.  I have an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor that will  hopefully (if I like him) replace the old doctor.

No - I'm not going to help you after laughing at us snow wimps in this area of the country!   :001_tt2:

I have to make up for yesterday.  Pretty much nothing got done because I came down with a fever to go with my cold and spent the day laying on the couch. 

teens shooting practice 10-3 (the time to leave and drop them off can not come fast enough this am)

clean kitchen

clean livingroom

laundry

petcare

make that beef broth

make a chicken broth too

school assignments they are behind on and reading homework from their online classes

look for craft ideas on pintrest for valentine's day for this week at daycare since I forgot to do that previously

Dd1 still running a fever and coughing grr..... Anyways

- 1 load laundry- in the dryer

- tidy house- bathroom, master bedroom, hall done

- dishes

- dinner- cheese burgers and Mac and cheese- burger pulled to thaw

- continue my researching for me going back to school. Associates in Health Information Technology offered online by a local college (I wanted local so that if I had a problem I can still drive to the campus). I really like this option since it looks like I can work at home and I also have the option of furthering my education as time goes by (I can get a masters) and do it all online :)- in progress

- bedtime routine

Good morning! We are back from Mass/RE and have nothing on the calendar. I am feeling a little sorry for myself (reappearing friend drama) and stressed about $$ and the future. Not usually how I come back from Mass.

So the cure is going to be a clean refrigerator, a bowl of kettle corn, and a movie this afternoon. And some laundry.

Jean, I hope you feel better and that your new doctor will be the right one for you.

Teens are at shooting practice.  LAundry is going.  I am enjoying my mocha I picked up at Timmie's on the way home.  Talked to my mom to arrange for childcare this weekend, as the teens will be at camp and I start my new job.  Talked to ex for 1/2 a minute and he sent 1/2 the child support payment early so I would have enough gas for getting ds15 to court this week, plus to the shrink, plus to the urologist.  Normally he would be paying on friday anyway but I need to keep filling up before then.  Now to finish this coffee and get started on the kitchen and perhaps some of my net training for the new job.

Jean--feel better soon! I hope you like the doctor.

Brandy--take care of yourself!

mommyof4CA--hope you are better soon, too!

Melissa--praying for your dd to be well!

We went to church and out to eat. I picked a Mexican restaurant I like quite a bit. Eating low carb has been better than I thought it would be. We are celebrating my birthday today really since tomorrow is a school day for dh.

We are about to play a game, then dh and I are going to run to the store.

I'll get dd to help me make some kind of dessert when we get back. (I started a thread for ideas.).

Dinner and presents will be tonight, too. 

kids came home a few hours ago from shooting.  Having an issue with the DND now as they have determined that due to ds15s meds he is no longer permitted to shoot, despite his CO saying he has only seen exemplary behaviour from ds, and a strict adherance to the rules of the range.  So at this point ds is now the assistant to the CO and still part of the team but not allowed to shoot.  I happen to have connections in head office and have reached out to them and will know in a few days if anything can be done.  I don't think it is right to take away the one thing a teen has going right in their lives just because they are on medications primarily for learning disabilities.  The gov't sets the policies though and we might be sol.

Once home they watched 2 lectures from the T.C. shakespeare set we borrowed.  It is boring as hell but they have to do a shakespeare unit for grade 10 english in this province so we are going to get through at least 1 disc from the set (there is 36 lectures total) and combine it with our actual reading and analysis of 1 play (Much ado about nothing) to fullfill that requirement.  They also had 2 math tests each to do.  It should have only been 1 but it turns out each moved ahead to the next unit in their math books without me assigning the previous test, so knocking out both today to be caught back up.

They got a nice break too when I decided to go soak in the tub, man it's been a long time since I was able to have my sunday soak.  I got my paperwork filled out for the new job and will start my net-training tonight for it.  They need to watch 2 lectures from the TC mythology set we have.  They like that set better than the shakespeare one but not as much as the superstar student one.  Both have some reading to do tonight as well for their online lit classes and dd14 has some latin review to do, but otherwise they are pretty much caught back up.

laundry is still going, I have washed 4 loaded, dried 3 so far but have not folded any, so I will do that while we watch the mythology lectures.  Kitchen and livingroom are underway but we are just eating a late supper now so they have to wait a bit to be finished.