Menu

Wish us luck - we're going to try Flying Marvelous Marco in our bed tonight.

AimeeM

So, he's 19 months old now. I've been watching over the last couple weeks, and when I put him on our master bed to change his diaper, he carefully rolls to his stomach and slides his legs over neatly over, and is able to safely drop a couple inches to the floor. I'm going to put padding around my side of the bed (on the floor)... just in case he decides a repeat of a year ago is necessary :P

Somebody tell me I'm not grasping at straws, lol. I can't stay on the floor for another year and we CAN'T allow him to sleep unattended in the boys' room.

I would not sleep very well with an extremely wiggly toddler in our bed. Can he sleep on a small mattress on the floor next to your bed?

Tried. Gives him too much height. He treats mattresses like a trampoline (tried a mattress on the floor in his own room). I *am* going to try to put him on the pallet/padding on the floor (which can serve a dual purpose - cushion if he falls from the bed AND sleeping surface to start the night), but he CAN crawl onto the bed from the floor if he really wants to, I think, lol.

Right now, I'll sleep better anywhere BUT that stinkin' sleeping bag on the hardwood floor. He's not actually wiggly at night, he just likes to get up and find things to get into, lol.

We will DEFINITELY lock the door (from the inside) or put a cover on the knob.

Tried. Gives him too much height. He treats mattresses like a trampoline (tried a mattress on the floor in his own room). I *am* going to try to put him on the pallet/padding on the floor (which can serve a dual purpose - cushion if he falls from the bed AND sleeping surface to start the night), but he CAN crawl onto the bed from the floor if he really wants to, I think, lol.

Right now, I'll sleep better anywhere BUT that stinkin' sleeping bag on the hardwood floor. He's not actually wiggly at night, he just likes to get up and find things to get into, lol.

We will DEFINITELY lock the door (from the inside) or put a cover on the knob.

Make sure to cram blankets or pillows under your bed so he can't roll under and panic.  It may undo an progress you have made for sleeping solo.

LOL I'm sorry, I'm know this will be a interesting night for you guys.... but the thread title made it sound like perhaps it would be a somewhat adventurous night instead. ;)

It usually is with him. I'm just hoping "interesting" doesn't include any injuries, lol.

I use memory foam mattress toppers as kid mattresses because they are totally lame to jump on. Zero bounce. Maybe that'd work?

I think that's the perfect idea for next to our bed!

I can't really do anything like that long-term or in the boys' room. There is NOWHERE to put furniture (which means we can't take down our king size bed in favor of a mattress on the floor either). We are tapped out of storage space (small 1950's cottage style home).