Menu

Downton Abby Ep. 2

4kiddies

LOVE the Dowager Countess!  I could replay her comments repeatedly and belly laugh every time.  My favorite from last night was when she asked what would they talk about with the opera singer and her response to what all human beings have in common.  SO funny!

I'm wondering if they'll clear up Anna's situation without Bates, maybe through Gillingham coming to see Mary again. Maybe Anna will tell Mary?

Guess there always has to be some gut-churning vigor thrown in somewhere. I had a similar reaction to Nanny West's comment to Sybil in the first episode.

The whole thing had a Gosford Park vibe going on.

Erica in OR

Cora is stupid.

Anna better not be pregnant from that.

(I think Episode 3 aired last night. 1 and 2 were back-to-back last week. :) )

I am thinking this is where they will take the "Anna" situation.

Every time I watch this show, I cannot get over the fact that they needed people to help them undress.

Cora is stupid.

Anna better not be pregnant from that.

(I think Episode 3 aired last night. 1 and 2 were back-to-back last week. :) )

She needs to tell Bates! Let him have a go at the creep!

Yes, very glad to see Mary smiling again!

It bugs me how little they have to do with raising their own small children. Seems both Mary and Tom rarely see their babies. But I guess that's the culture then.

These were my thoughts.  I assume that we will see an Anna pregnancy from the rape, and it upsets me SO MUCH. I'm still very mad about all of this.  Besides that horribleness, this episode was far and a way better than the premiere, which was a total snoozer.  

SPOILER....

I found the scene with Anna to be horribly traumatic to watch/hear. I have not been a victim of rape myself but I know victims. The scene in Mrs. Hughes' office was SO SAD. I love Anna and I want Bates to get that guy. Ugh! The way he said good night to them at the end like everything was fine was CREEPY and made me so angry!

Also, the new guy flirting with Mary is so cute. I always that matthew was rather petulant and not my type. And I love that Mr. Greyson caught Sampson cheating at cards and beat him at his own game.

Yes, thousands of little tiny buttons and usually on the back.... However, Lord Grantham made no great effort to unbutton his own shirt. He just stood there and waited for Bates to get going.  :)

The scenes between Matthew and Mr. Mosely did a good job of highlighting the relationship I thought. Matthew thought it was silly, which offended Mr. Mosely. Eventually he gets more comfortable with the roles and understands it's the estate owner's job to provide jobs for the community, etc. 

Ugh.

I'm with Heather on this one, I was just sick about it. 

Ye gods, had I known about that scene I would have skipped it.  I kept hoping someone would come wandering through and put a stop to it.  That was awful.  And yes, I'm sure something terrible and scandalous will result from it.  :(

The rest of the episode, yes, I enjoyed.  I hope Mary finds happiness, I don't think anything was over the top there.  Robert is such a dolt... "What will we talk about?!?"  LOL.  I'm still not too sure on Edith's guy, something seems a bit fishy there but we'll see.  And poor Tom... what did the scheming maid do to him? 

The scenes between Matthew and Mr. Mosely did a good job of highlighting the relationship I thought. Matthew thought it was silly, which offended Mr. Mosely. Eventually he gets more comfortable with the roles and understands it's the estate owner's job to provide jobs for the community, etc. 

I get that part - about providing jobs. I would think of other things that can be turned into a job. I suppose I think I don't need someone slide the shirt over my head - not yet anyways.  :)